every time I pedal I hear a clicking/grinding noise

Related:
Create New Tag

2/2/2016 7:40 PM

Anybody have an idea what the cause could be?

|

2/2/2016 8:10 PM

Probably your chain , might have some gunk or maybe a metal shard in there . Did it just start ? It might also be your BB or driver bearing being blown up , I blew up all my bearings in my wheel from grinds and fullcabs with no guard and when they went it sounded AWFUL and felt like shit . If you can take your wheel apart and can get to the bearings check that , if they're dusty and in half then you blew them up haha

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/2/2016 8:20 PM

is it only when you crank down and coming from your cranks?

If so, grease your spindle splines. 90% of the time that solves it if that's what the issue is

|

2/3/2016 12:24 AM

Basically what these guys said. It can be a few different things. Pedal bearings, bb, hub/driver bearings, chain, sprocket movement, crank arm movement, grit in your driver, dying springs and pawls, pedals not tight
It could even be your stem/headset/bars. If that's not all tightened up properly, any movement will make a creak which will resonate through your frame. As you pedal you pull on the bars so some people confuse where the sound is coming from.
Get some Teflon based grease. Strip your bike, clean everything, rebuild putting grease in places it should be. Might sound a bit over the top but i personally love stripping and rebuilding my bike and it doesn't take long

|