experienced FC riders only

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2014 10:10 AM

I'm going to be buying a freecoaster soon. I need help here, my criteria is very basic: it needs to have the minimum amount od maintenance while still holding up great.

I'm literally going to just ride it until it breaks. I'm not the type of guy to really work on wheels too much, so I'd prefer something that'll just take the abuse. I read the Freemix was made to require little to no work, and I've heard the Alienation one is pretty good too.

|

2/12/2014 10:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2014 10:40 AM

They're all pretty much the exact same besides the Ezra and Salt coasters. So I'd go with an Ezra or Salt. There have been a few problems but not as many as the KHE style coasters. Plus they're lighter, have more solid engagement, and can be converted to a cassette.

Really though, if you don't like working on parts, freecoasters aren't for you. Which is why I fucking hate the coaster trend. Every 12 year old buys a coaster, treats it like shit, then says whatever company the coaster is from fucking sucks.

|

2/12/2014 10:50 AM

I never opened my coaster ip and it was perfect, federal v2, ohioan is right though, expect to do something i just end up lucky with my parts.

|

2/12/2014 10:58 AM

a friend of mine broke two federal v2 coasters. two of my friends and myself ride the alienation R v2 pretty simple and durable hub imo.

|

2/12/2014 11:06 AM

TacoFlacko wrote:

a friend of mine broke two federal v2 coasters. two of my friends and myself ride the alienation R v2 pretty simple and ...more

The Federal V2 and the Rush V2 are very similar as far as I know.

|

2/12/2014 11:22 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I'm pretty sure they have the exact same internals, just a different shell.

|

2/12/2014 11:27 AM

TacoFlacko wrote:

a friend of mine broke two federal v2 coasters. two of my friends and myself ride the alienation R v2 pretty simple and ...more

BMX_Forever wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'm pretty sure they have the exact same internals, just a different shell.

That's what I thought, I just didn't want to say that and be told I was completely wrong haha.

|

2/12/2014 12:13 PM

They are exact haha i love it when people make uninformed comments.

|

2/12/2014 12:54 PM

TacoFlacko wrote:

Same exact hub, just slightly different shells.

|

2/12/2014 12:58 PM

I have been on my Ezra for a few months with no problems or maintenance at all. Only problem is they are only available in RHD.

|

2/12/2014 1:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2014 1:16 PM

I have had a federal v2 and a khe reverse, the federal i rode for a year and never took it apart it still ran smooth as butter. as for the reverse I've been riding it for 6 months now, haven't had a reason to take it apart and its smooth af too.

|

2/12/2014 1:22 PM

The Primo is specifically designed to require the least amount of maintenance but the slack is permanently set.

Dont get a coaster if youre not willing to maintain it. Just once a month, open it and clean it out and grease it. Im sure youre life isnt too busy to spend 30mins a month to keep your bike working properly.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/14/2014 9:38 AM

ah, you're right with the maintaining thing. I just hate getting a chain on/off, but it's worth it.

honestly might just wait for the Eclat Blind of the new Odyssey coaster. I just need a 4-peg friendly freecoaster.

|