exploding tubes?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2013 10:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2013 10:32 AM

Whats your reaction to high psi tires exploding randomly are you use to it? my tubes never actually exploded for 2 years

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

8/31/2013 10:31 AM

Haven't had a puncture in 2 months.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/31/2013 10:44 AM

I've only had a one pop while I was riding once and that was when I was little and the tire was down to the threads on this old Huffy haha. I've had one explode while I was installing it, I think the best thing to do is pump it up slowly like halfway to whatever psi you run let it settle and then pump it up to your psi.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

8/31/2013 10:50 AM

I spent $90 on tubes in one week once. found out some old hag had been sick of us riding by his house so he put goateads in front of his house. his car somehow poppod all tires on nails at the same time.

|

8/31/2013 11:09 AM

Since 3 months, means since I bought kevlar tire, no problem at all.

|

8/31/2013 11:25 AM

Slime or self-sealing tubes are infamous for randomly blowing. It's a messy aftermath too. I over-inflated mine and left my bike in the sun at like 130 PSI, luckily it didn't get all over the bike when the tube blew. Though my good-conditioned FAF blew. D; And my friend's Momentum blew at 100 PSI during school and it wasn't even that hot or at all actually. Blew a hole in his tire bigger than mine.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/31/2013 11:35 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Slime or self-sealing tubes are infamous for randomly blowing. It's a messy aftermath too. I over-inflated mine and left my bike in the sun at like 130 PSI, luckily it didn't get all over the bike when the tube blew. Though my good-conditioned FAF blew. D; And my friend's Momentum blew at 100 PSI during school and it wasn't even that hot or at all actually. Blew a hole in his tire bigger than mine.

i hope that doesn't happen to me my tires only hold 60 psi and i got it way over that so i hopes it doesn't explode

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

8/31/2013 11:38 AM

iVerderider wrote:

i hope that doesn't happen to me my tires only hold 60 psi and i got it way over that so i hopes it doesn't explode

Only go over by 10 max dude. I've never gone over more. And I have no fuckin idea why I pumped it to 130 that day. I did get a self-sealing tube half a year later and it was totally great, lasted for another half year or more before the valve ripped off cause my hand pump is gay.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/31/2013 12:40 PM

I was putting in a tube with my friend and he had a air compressor. When we were tightening the wheel back on , we saw the tube pop under the bead and we were like ,"......what the fu....BOOOOM!"

It blew up right in our faces , I was fine but it literally sounded like a bomb. It burst his eardrum

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/31/2013 12:43 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I was putting in a tube with my friend and he had a air compressor. When we were tightening the wheel back on , we saw the tube pop under the bead and we were like ,"......what the fu....BOOOOM!"

It blew up right in our faces , I was fine but it literally sounded like a bomb. It burst his eardrum

dang lmao!! when im pumping my tires at the gas station i get scared cause one time it blew so hard in public people though it was a gunshot the explosion was so bad that the back rim rattled after it blew and i saw smoke lmao!!

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

9/2/2013 8:14 AM

ive never had a tire blow at high psi

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

9/2/2013 11:11 AM

Installed a new tube into my FAF, and aired it up with my friends compressor which had no pressure gauge on it, so just aired it up until it was "rock hard" guessing it was 110. Rode it in the parking lot to make sure it was good, felt kinda funny, and I looked down and saw the sidewall bulging. I grabbed the valve cap as fast as I could and got it about half way off, and "BOOOOM!" Half of my precious teal sidewall got blown off of the tire.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/2/2013 11:27 AM

I've never had a flat besides a puncture or a pinch, but I've heard if you pump up your tires all the way or close to it, if its cold outside then you bring your bike inside where its warm the tube can explode. And i probably mixed the cold and warm around its probably the other way around.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

9/2/2013 11:28 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Installed a new tube into my FAF, and aired it up with my friends compressor which had no pressure gauge on it, so just aired it up until it was "rock hard" guessing it was 110. Rode it in the parking lot to make sure it was good, felt kinda funny, and I looked down and saw the sidewall bulging. I grabbed the valve cap as fast as I could and got it about half way off, and "BOOOOM!" Half of my precious teal sidewall got blown off of the tire.

LMAO dam bro lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that almost happened to my friend but i took out air fast as i can

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

9/2/2013 1:24 PM

ive never had a blow at high psi usually am careful on were i ride so its not too bad smile

|

9/2/2013 2:01 PM

I stay at a solid 90.
I've never just blew out. My flats are always slower.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/2/2013 2:34 PM

The only time I ever get punctures is because of glass whistling

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/2/2013 2:43 PM

G-LandRider wrote:

I've never had a flat besides a puncture or a pinch, but I've heard if you pump up your tires all the way or close to it, if its cold outside then you bring your bike inside where its warm the tube can explode. And i probably mixed the cold and warm around its probably the other way around.

No, you had it correct. Nitrogen doesn't expand and contract as much as normal air, which is why it's used in aircraft tires as well as some auto garages.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/2/2013 5:13 PM

G-LandRider wrote:

its the oppasate, if you blow your tires up to a 100 on a 80 degree day but then you bring it into a 50 degree area, your tires will most likely blow depending if they can go to 110 or not

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype