f****d up profile elite front hub

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2014 5:59 AM

So i bought a profile elite not too long ago for my race bike and it had the wobble problem as evrty front elite does cuz their gay but anyway i got washers from profile and fixed the wobble problem but i used a vise to hold the axle while i put the bearings in the hub shell and it wasnt a soft jaw and now if you take the bearing cones off its comepletely shredded right by. The bearing and the wheel doesnt roll anywhere near how good it used to roll and i dont know if i should buy a new hub or not or just say fuck it and race it anyway i mean the guy at the bike shop said it shouldnt really affect its rolling because my weights on it cuz free spin dont matter but i dont know what to do? Like buy a new one or just race this one?

|

2/10/2014 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2014 7:53 AM

My Elite Rolls smooth as butter! Not a SINGLE Problem with mine!

If worse come to worse, You could buy a New Inner Axle for it? I would contact the guys at Profile & let them know that their Hub crapped out on You & WITHOUT BEING A DOUCHE, Just point out You purchased the most expensive Hub on the Market, a US Made Hub to support US BMX Manufacturing & You could've saved $50 & bought a Taiwanese Hub that's looking like it would've been the better option! You contacted them & they sent You washers to fix a $130 Front Hub! FUCK THAT!! Tell them to send You a new Inner Axle or You will be contacting Your Family Solicitor citing the sale of goods act!

|

2/10/2014 8:15 AM

Yeah i actually was gonna just get a new axle but then realized my hub shell where the bearing sits is slighty warped but i think a bearing will still fit and yeah im probably going to send it to them and have them put a new axle and bearings thanks for the idea

|

2/10/2014 9:13 AM

Topsey wrote:

My Elite Rolls smooth as butter! Not a SINGLE Problem with mine!

If worse come to worse, You could buy a New Inner Axle for it? I would contact the guys at Profile & let them know that their Hub crapped out on You & WITHOUT BEING A DOUCHE, Just point out You purchased the most expensive Hub on the Market, a US Made Hub to support US BMX Manufacturing & You could've saved $50 & bought a Taiwanese Hub that's looking like it would've been the better option! You contacted them & they sent You washers to fix a $130 Front Hub! FUCK THAT!! Tell them to send You a new Inner Axle or You will be contacting Your Family Solicitor citing the sale of goods act!

So you are saying he should "not be a douche" but then to threaten to contact someone to take action against them because HE MESSED IT UP IN A VICE?

Honestly it is user error. It sucks, but that's the case.

OP, contact them and see if you can get a deal on an axle. You did something when you installed the washers. YOU messed it up. Holding them accountable because of your error (trashing the axle etc) is pathetic.

Also you might have too much pressure on the bearings causing poor rolling.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/10/2014 9:45 AM

Yeah haha ik i fucked it up myself thats why im not just goin to ask for a new one im gona just try and get a deal on bearings and a spindle but he said that i could get one for free because was their fault in the beggining because 150 dollar hubs shouldnt have a wobble problem but since i fucked mine with the vice i should still have to pay for a new one.

|

2/10/2014 9:47 AM

And by too much pressure do you mean having the axle bolts too tight on the fork causing it to bend. A little and give less room to the bearings

|

2/10/2014 12:06 PM

Id rather have a catalogue hub than a profile, at least the taiwanese understand the concept of tolerances and QC.

|

2/10/2014 12:38 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

Id rather have a catalogue hub than a profile, at least the taiwanese understand the concept of tolerances and QC.

One thing I don't like about Profile is how they advertise how their stuff is hand built. I don't see how that's an advantage as too me it just tells me that's more likelihood of human error and that the extra cost they charge over other companies parts is due to more expensive labour and not it being better. I know none of that is necessarily true but it's just how it seems to me.

|

2/10/2014 12:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2014 12:54 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

One thing I don't like about Profile is how they advertise how their stuff is hand built. I don't see how that's an advantage as too me it just tells me that's more likelihood of human error and that the extra cost they charge over other companies parts is due to more expensive labour and not it being better. I know none of that is necessarily true but it's just how it seems to me.

Dont forget, theyre American made, so they cost more.

Even though they dont have import fees or any of that.

FUCK profile. Overpriced and generic. For example..

Profile Mini/Totem cassette $200+
6903 bearings
14mm hollow axle or 3/8 female w/ alum center axle
4pawl leaf spring engagement
Made by profile ($0 not including material cost and the cost to run the machines) and produced here in the USA ($0 import fees/shipping)

Cult Match cassette $130
6902 bearings
14mm hollow axle or 3/8 female w/ crmo center axle
4 pawl leaf spring engagement
imported overseas and made by someone else, costs the company extra just to have them made and have them brought to the US for sales.

Explain to me why the Profile costs more?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/10/2014 1:12 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

6903 bearings
Made by profile ($0 not including material cost and the cost to run the machines) and produced here in the USA ($0 import fees/shipping)

Cult Match cassette $130
6902 bearings
imported overseas and made by someone else, costs the company extra just to have them made and have them brought to the US for sales.

Largely because of higher labour costs, it definitely will be more expensive to produce. The real question here IMO is why would you buy the Profile when it costs more?

|

2/10/2014 1:15 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

6903 bearings

Cult Match cassette $130
6902 bearings

BMX_Forever wrote:

Largely because of higher labour costs, it definitely will be more expensive to produce. The real question here IMO is why would you buy the Profile when it costs more?

Exactly. Only reason I can come up with is that im not a fan of Cults image. Even then, id rather rep Cult then buy an overpriced hub.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/10/2014 2:01 PM

My proflie stuff never had an issue. Even the used beat to hell hub I got off ebay years ago.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura