facebook market place

Related:
Create New Tag

11/15/2019 4:36 PM

who uses it to find parts?
are people flakey? do many people use it?
im about to try it
...just found the 2.3 maxxis grifter i was about to buy :p

also how do i check my pm's on this forum?

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/15/2019 8:11 PM

Quit being a dumbass troll , no one A -uses Facebook b - buys used tires

|

11/15/2019 9:07 PM

I’ve sold many parts on there. But you deal with the typical Facebook crowd - tons of flakes and keyboard warriors, but also plenty of people who like to spend and/or get rid of things for cheap.

There’s also plenty of Facebook groups dedicated to buying/selling BMX stuff.

Just don’t ever send a payment through Facebook unless you really trust the seller. It is a Friends/Family payment so there is no way to retrieve the funds if you get burned.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/16/2019 10:18 AM

I've bought and sold other stuff. And not had any issues yet. I bought a 90's schwinn MTB to fix up for the kids and it turned out to be a pretty decent bike. 15 dollars. I mean it does what it's supposed to do. Gave my son something to ride on when we go for rides. Just needed a good cleaning, set up the brakes and new tires. Oh yeah, we bought my wifes bike off of it too. That was a good transaction.

I don't really see the problem. I see some quality BMX stuff from time to time. Varying in price range from good deals to not so good deals.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

11/18/2019 4:21 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I’ve sold many parts on there. But you deal with the typical Facebook crowd - tons of flakes and keyboard warriors, but also plenty of people who like to spend and/or get rid of things for cheap.

There’s also plenty of Facebook groups dedicated to buying/selling BMX stuff.

Just don’t ever send a payment through Facebook unless you really trust the seller. It is a Friends/Family payment so there is no way to retrieve the funds if you get burned.

Actually, if you connect it to a debit card, you can typically dispute it with your bank, and they tend to refund if you do.

BUT I would use a trusted means of payment, as in buy ONLY LOCAL so you can see it before you buy it, and make sure to meet somewhere in public that is somewhat busy-you are less likely to be jumped/robbed when there is a crowd.

People locally have met up to buy stuff and been robbed at gunpoint because they didn't pick a good place.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura