fakin bunnyhops

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2014 1:18 AM

hello I've been riding for about 2 years, but I just filmed myself doing a bunny hop out of a bank, and what I saw was that when I lift the front tire, instead of continuing to suck up and pushing the bars up and forward, I start to push down the front as I suck up the back tire. I do this with both a 20.5 frame and with a 20.75 frame. My bars are 8.7 rise. What do you think it's the problem and how do I fix it?

here is a slow motion video:
-

- and this is from a different angle(you can slo-mo this from where you adjust the quality to 0.5 or 0.25 speed):

any help will be appreciated
|

8/3/2014 4:42 AM

dont push down on the front

|

i ride to stay young

8/3/2014 8:32 AM

urebmx wrote:

dont push down on the front

I try to, but I always end up doing that

|

8/3/2014 8:34 AM

is it possible that this happens because of the bars/frame geo? FOr example if the bars are too high or if the TT is too long or smth like that

|

8/3/2014 8:41 AM

none of that has anything to do with it. its all about feel. get your front up then tuck the rear. try not to do anything with the bars. concentrate on gettin that tuck dialed in. keep trying that and youll get it. also try gettin good tuck on flat ground then take it to a bank.

|

i ride to stay young

8/3/2014 8:54 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it... Looks like a good hop to me

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

8/3/2014 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2014 9:10 AM

MidWestBMX wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with it... Looks like a good hop to me

This. You're even landing back wheel first

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/3/2014 9:10 AM

I can't see the problem? Looks like a good hop

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/3/2014 9:13 AM

well pause at the moment when my front wheel is at its highest (right when I start to pick up the back wheel) then instead of staying on the same level, the front start going down as the back tire is going up
isn't that kind of wrong :D

|

8/3/2014 9:26 AM

Yep nothing wrong there.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

8/3/2014 9:26 AM

kisame2660 wrote:

well pause at the moment when my front wheel is at its highest (right when I start to pick up the back wheel) then instead of staying on the same level, the front start going down as the back tire is going up
isn't that kind of wrong :D

Completely fine

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

8/3/2014 10:25 AM

lol ok thanks guys

|

8/3/2014 2:03 PM

Looks damn good to me, man.

|

8/3/2014 2:54 PM

you're looking way too far into this. they're fine haha

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/3/2014 6:19 PM

As long as you land back wheel first, it's fine. If you don't want that to happen, try to lean back a bit more when pushing out.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/3/2014 7:03 PM

Pushing your front down is how you bring your back up.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/3/2014 7:52 PM

You shouldn't be pushing the front down you should try to push it more forwards. Try practising to huck over your rear wheel instead of your seat too.

|

8/3/2014 8:13 PM

you're centering your body too far forwards when you are hopping. try and get your ass aver the rear wheel rather than infront of the seat once you reach your peek

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/4/2014 10:15 AM

Looks fine. Concentrate on higher and further tongue

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura