fc wobble

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2021 7:22 AM

ok so when i push back and forth on my whel there is like a tiny bit of wobble, not even visible. i have tried tightening it a few timed but there is no difference. i have a cinema zx. is this normal,?

|

1/31/2021 11:03 PM

What coaster is it, some coasters like older version cinemas run a little bit looser than others

|

smile

2/1/2021 5:17 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

What coaster is it, some coasters like older version cinemas run a little bit looser than others

its a new cinema zx i got for christmas, i pretty much solved it. the drive side cone nut wasnt tight enough which let the axle slip around. it has little to no wobble now. turns out its cuz my dumb ass greased my axle haha.

|

2/2/2021 6:48 PM

Coasters wobble, it's just part of the deal. I've had everycoaster I've had wobble, some sooner than later. Everything from merritt demolition odyssey. It's a cassette deficiency lol never cause me a problem tho l, but the first coaster I had it definitely had me searching the web just like yourself

|

2/2/2021 8:08 PM

jemridesbikes6 wrote:

Coasters wobble, it's just part of the deal. I've had everycoaster I've had wobble, some sooner than later. Everything from ...more

Coasters and cassettes should not wobble. Even after they break in, You can get the wobble out. Ask yeet. I spent a day explaining how to get the wobble out. I already gave him a detailed approach on how to get hub wobble out. Yes some freecoaster are more prone to wobble but doesn't mean they should.

Isnt this like the 4th post youve made about your cinemas wheels and you ask a question and i tell you how to fix it and then you post again ask the same question and then say how you fixed it hahaha. Greasing the axle didnt cause the wobble, its because you tightened it the way i told you. Your style Coaster should be greased, if anything the grease on the axle help you tighten the jam nuts more.

You might be my hero yeet.

|

2/3/2021 3:17 AM

jemridesbikes6 wrote:

Coasters wobble, it's just part of the deal. I've had everycoaster I've had wobble, some sooner than later. Everything from ...more

hoffdirt1 wrote:

Coasters and cassettes should not wobble. Even after they break in, You can get the wobble out. Ask yeet. I spent a day ...more

i posted this before you even told me, its still doing it. im going to bring it to a bike shop

|

2/3/2021 8:11 AM

just change the bearing duh

|

2/3/2021 11:54 AM

StancesS13240sx wrote:

its a brand new hub. the bearings have no play.

|

2/3/2021 12:05 PM

yeet.748 wrote:

Take a crescent wrench and tighten both come nuts a little tighter than hand tight, it should stay for a while

|

smile

2/3/2021 12:24 PM

StancesS13240sx wrote:

yeet.748 wrote:

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Take a crescent wrench and tighten both come nuts a little tighter than hand tight, it should stay for a while

they are, the non drive side i cant even loosrn while the drive side is how u said (bit tighter than hand tight)

|

2/3/2021 8:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 8:55 PM

The driveside needs to be TIGHT...this is a male axle freecoaster,... The driver is a long piece, with 2 pressed bearings inside of it and has the task of pressing against the BIG bearing to keep half of the assembly tight. It needs to be more than little tighter than hand tight to keep stuff tight.

Some female axle hubs with conenuts may need handtight conenuts.but this is because how the axle moves, and also how the compression of the assembly works.

Think of the driver as a peg for a second, the peg is useless if the bolts arent tight. Its gonna flop around because it doesnt have force holding it place. Its gonna wobble and flop when you ride.

Freecoasters should not wobble, they will bc manufacturers don't engineer the wobble out of them. If you pay 200+ for a hub, it shouldnt have play. I may sound salty, but the engineers get paid a hell of lot more than myself and others on here who would gladly design the faults outa the hub(prop for free too) haha.

|