fear of pumping bike tires?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2014 5:52 PM

there have so MANY incidents during which my tube exploded while i was pumping it up. the tube was not even close to the max psi. now, i'm scared to pump bike tires.call me a pussy, but i can't help it. anyone else feel this way, and how do you combat this fear?

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

1/2/2014 5:53 PM

lol

|

1/2/2014 5:54 PM

Grow a dick & not have a vagina you fucking princess fuck.

|

1/2/2014 5:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 5:59 PM

Let the hate begin...lol

crazy has made some fucked up troll threads but this one busted me up and is actually funny as fuck.

Bravo

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/2/2014 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 6:20 PM

I had a friends dad worked on my bike. He had a air generator , and pumped up my tires. I was looking at it , and all I saw was the tube pop out of the rim. Then BBOOOOOOOOMMMM !!!!

Fucking bomb blew off , 6 inch rip in the tube ( Followed by my dumb humour,"Thats fine we can just patch it) . Turns out I suffered hearing lose and his wife burst her eardrum. It was fucking massive , it honestly was like a bomb blew off , without the explosion or shrapnel.

Also when I was a kid and just rode a walmart bike around town , I went biking with a friend and 5 feet outside his house , my tire blew up. It sounded like we were getting shot at , just a long "ppsshhhshhhpp........BAM !"

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/2/2014 6:30 PM

^^ same thing happened to me, when i was younger i had thiz shitty mongose and jumped off a curb and all i heard was a loud ass boom. shit scared the fuck out of me hahaha

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/2/2014 6:37 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I had a friends dad worked on my bike. He had a air generator , and pumped up my tires. I was looking at it , and all I saw ...more

That first one hppened to me with my *compressor* inside my house with the tube next to my ear lol

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

1/2/2014 7:11 PM

It happened to me once... with my demo momentum. Haha i didnt set the bead right on the tire because i was in a hurry to ride that tire and it exploded from 95 psi. Louder than a gunshot i'd say. With a much worse consequence because it ripped apart the momentum. Probably because it is made of paper, but still.

Oh and my mountain bike when i used to mountain bike. haha that one actually was scary when it happened. I went around like a switchback drift and the tire went boom and i was on the ground holding onto a tree. Part of the reason i never mountain bike anymore is because of trees. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/2/2014 7:28 PM

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/2/2014 8:00 PM

Damn , temperature affects it too. I have my bike in storage downstairs , and in summer the tire expands and gets really hard but when it gets cold suddenly , my tire is about flat.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/2/2014 8:08 PM

Temperature really really affects rubber. Obviously. It makes it expand. Along with the air. Hot air expands and will blow them up pretty fast if left in a hot area at all. In the summer i pump my tires to 80 psi because they turn to like 90 when it gets super hot.

And when your tire flattens bc of the cold it is bc the air becomes more thin. Always pump your tires up outside when it is cold. That way you get a true rating.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/2/2014 8:18 PM

Hand pumps get a lot of friction so if you pump really fast, the air becomes real hot. You can feel it from the outside of the pump. I try to pump my tube at a decent speed.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/2/2014 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 8:26 PM

get a bunch of balloons and juss constantly pop them with ur hand and get use to that sudden explosion noise?

|

1/2/2014 9:58 PM

If you guys are that worried about your tires, get them filled with nitrogen. It doesn't expand and contract like normal air does, so you won't have to worry about the temperature of your tires.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/2/2014 10:25 PM

I really want helium in my tires. I feel like it would be different in the air.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

1/3/2014 1:29 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

If you guys are that worried about your tires, get them filled with nitrogen. It doesn't expand and contract like normal air ...more

This. I fill mine up with 78% Nitrogen.

|

1/3/2014 1:31 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I really want helium in my tires. I feel like it would be different in the air.

I remember seeing a thread about that on a Mountain Bike forum and someone worked out that it would actually make less difference than if you rode without dust caps, and that was with a 26x2.5" Tyre. Helium Balloons only float because of how light the balloons are.

|

1/3/2014 5:58 AM

Don't pinch the tubes and they don't explode.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/3/2014 7:49 AM

Lol happened to me few times.
Once it exploded at a gas station under and people were freaking pout haha some guy jumped to the ground thinking it was some sort of gas leak explosion, people came running pout of the shops it was quite hilarious I must say.

Second time was at fucking 4a.m. on a school day.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"