female axle and pegs

Related:
Create New Tag

12/22/2014 8:05 AM

i've been looking at some female axle rear wheels on danscomp, but i live outside the US, i guess my question is... Can female support pegs? they look kind of short no no peg space.. can my pegs be put on? i really dont want to ship a wheel all the way to belize and find out it cant support my pegs...

|

WAYDEridesaBMX

12/22/2014 9:06 AM

yes, I ride with both front and back female hubs, and I use 4 pegs.

|

12/22/2014 9:09 AM

sk8termatt wrote:

yes, I ride with both front and back female hubs, and I use 4 pegs.

nice.... guess i would have to own one to know the components for myself...

|

WAYDEridesaBMX

12/22/2014 10:38 AM

14mm female, yes most definitely. It is actually the strongest way to go for peg riders.
3/8" female, i would never ride with pegs (on the rear.) Others on this forum will vouch otherwise, but i have seen far too many snapped axle bolts from grinding 3/8" rear hubs.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


12/22/2014 10:42 AM

If it's a shemale axle with 3/8" bolts, get G-Sport bolts and you'll never have a problem. Also, if it is a shemale axle you'll need 3/8" adapters for your pegs.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/22/2014 1:06 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

If it's a shemale axle with 3/8" bolts, get G-Sport bolts and you'll never have a problem. Also, if it is a shemale axle you'll need 3/8" adapters for your pegs.

i back this 100%, i run a marmoset with solid bolts and then a federal v3 coaster with solid g-sport bolts as well, haven't had any issues in over 2 years

|

12/22/2014 5:48 PM

Are all rear female wheels 14mm?

|

12/22/2014 5:53 PM

GorillaKing37 wrote:

Are all rear female wheels 14mm?

No, few are. It will say in the specs whether it uses 14mm or 3/8" bolts. Gsport Ratchet, Shadow BTR, Odyssey Antigram, BSD Street Pro, and a few others use 14mm bolts.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


12/22/2014 10:59 PM

I haven't had any issues with my tree and pegs.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/24/2014 3:58 AM

Madera and pegs here. Seems legit I guess, but I don't go crazy with it. Just a few double pegs here and there.

I just recently switched to the steel female axle, but I haven't even been able to ride it yet.

|

12/24/2014 4:11 AM

3/8 front and rear g-sports, mainly peg tricks and never a problem.

|

12/24/2014 4:19 AM

After all the crazy smiths ive done id have to say female 3/8 in the rear will work just fine

I recommend 14mm just because its less of a hassle with adaptors and what not

Bsd pro, Odyssey antigram or a gsport ratchet would be your best bet and get a daily grind infinity guard

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/24/2014 8:27 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

After all the crazy smiths ive done id have to say female 3/8 in the rear will work just fine

I recommend 14mm just because its less of a hassle with adaptors and what not

Bsd pro, Odyssey antigram or a gsport ratchet would be your best bet and get a daily grind infinity guard

smiths don't put just about any real stress on the rear axle
go for a true 14mm female axle

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/24/2014 2:37 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

smiths don't put just about any real stress on the rear axle
go for a true 14mm female axle

I think he's saying he does a lot of smith grinds on his front axle which is 3/8" female, so because of that he believes 3/8" female in the rear would hold up fine.


Which I disagree, 14mm female or 14mm male in the rear, or nothing. I grind way too much to trust a dinky little 3/8" axle bolt in the rear.

|

12/24/2014 2:42 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I think he's saying he does a lot of smith grinds on his front axle which is 3/8" female, so because of that he believes 3/8" female in the rear would hold up fine.


Which I disagree, 14mm female or 14mm male in the rear, or nothing. I grind way too much to trust a dinky little 3/8" axle bolt in the rear.

Yep. When i smith, i position my body as far back as possible to keep weight off the front and slide better. I think it is safe to say rear axles go under.a lot more stress than front axles, since your body and all its weight are positioned towards the rear of the bike.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx