female axle trouble

Related:
Create New Tag

12/27/2013 9:10 AM

when i got my new hub ( BSD frontstreet ) i hand tightened the the nut on . Now im trying to put it on my bike but one side wont loosen , i tried forever but it wont come out , Theirs probably a really logical answer to this but im new to female axles and have no idea

|

12/27/2013 9:11 AM

try a wrench? kinda made to loosen nuts

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/27/2013 9:12 AM

i did already

|

12/27/2013 9:13 AM

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/27/2013 9:33 AM

Are you turning it the wrong way or something? Try putting a wrench or each side and turning them opposite directions.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/27/2013 9:46 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Are you turning it the wrong way or something? Try putting a wrench or each side and turning them opposite directions.

the side that came out before will just comeout again its weird

|

12/27/2013 9:57 AM

sometimes you need to use two wrenches. One on each nut/bolt.

Tighten one side down and see if you can loosen the other side. and don't forget to grease the threads.

|

12/27/2013 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/27/2013 11:22 AM

This happened when I got mine, just put the wheel on the OUTSIDE of the fork so you can loosen the other side, make sense?

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/27/2013 12:03 PM

Tighten the other side into your fork but with the wrench flat side on the inside of the fork, then loosen the other side. Also put a lick of grease on the threads of the bolts before you put the hub on the bike

|

12/27/2013 2:36 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

This happened when I got mine, just put the wheel on the OUTSIDE of the fork so you can loosen the other side, make sense?

thanks and i just did this it works

|

12/27/2013 4:39 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

chad88 wrote:

thanks and i just did this it works

No worries mate.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/27/2013 5:10 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

thissssss

and grease my friend, grease

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/27/2013 6:21 PM

Yeah, I'd use grease n the heads next time.

|