female axle on the rear with pegs

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2013 1:46 AM

i need to change my axle and found a male and a female axle that will fit how do female with pegs stand up to a male with pegs and im a heavy grinder

|

ride or die

5/19/2013 1:51 AM

Female Bolts tend to be stronger than Male Axles for Grinding, plus they are easier to replace when bent. However, the fact that most Female bolts (Apart from those on the Ratchet, Antigram, BTR and Tree Hubs, none of which are available with a Male axle so obviously you don't have one of them) have 3/8" Bolts instead of 14mm like Male Axles mean that the Male Axle will probably hold up better for grinding.

|

5/19/2013 5:59 AM

I've run 10mm females with no issue. I would recommend a ratchet with 14 mm bolts for uber extra strength

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/19/2013 6:40 AM

im running a rachet with 3/8ths females and have had no issues with bending bolts or snapping them. im a light weight(130lbs) but i slam hard into and out of grinds.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/19/2013 7:45 AM

3/8 female bolts will be fine for grinding. why does everyone think they are so weak? people gap sets into a tooth down a rail all the time. 3/8 in the front. they will work just fine

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/19/2013 9:46 AM

tomdon wrote:

3/8 female bolts will be fine for grinding. why does everyone think they are so weak? people gap sets into a tooth down a rail all the time. 3/8 in the front. they will work just fine

If you're referring to my post, I wasn't meaning to imply that 3/8" Female is too weak, just that 14mm Male is stronger.

|

5/19/2013 9:47 AM

My Federal V3 has hollow 3/8" bolts and a 14mm shemale axle and it feels more solid than a 14mm male.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/19/2013 9:48 AM

Female Axles are stronger than male axles. Shemale axles arent as strong but i would still think stronger than a standard male axle. when you think a shemale axle is just a cut off male axle that slots in the drop outs & does up with 3/8ths female bolts. If you want a REAL female axle you want to get a G-Sport Ratchet, Odyssey Antigram, Tree Straight Pull or Shadow BTR.

|

5/19/2013 10:05 AM

I bent every male axel I've had, yet not one female. Female is stro get because it's threaded in far enough that it has tones of extra support. The weight is in total all on a quarter of the bolt where as a male just kicks it sticking out and bearing a lot more force

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/19/2013 10:05 AM

Topsey wrote:

Female Axles are stronger than male axles. Shemale axles arent as strong but i would still think stronger than a standard male axle. when you think a shemale axle is just a cut off male axle that slots in the drop outs & does up with 3/8ths female bolts. If you want a REAL female axle you want to get a G-Sport Ratchet, Odyssey Antigram, Tree Straight Pull or Shadow BTR.

So 3/8" Female is stronger than a 14mm Male then, excluding fully 3/8" Females like the Female Profiles?

|

5/19/2013 10:18 AM

pepole think female axles are weaker and snap because they dont know how to tighten down a bolt. you will be fine if u have a lil bit of muscle to tighten a bolt.

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!