first day. no real progression :(

Related:
Create New Tag

11/23/2009 9:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 11:06 PM

ok to day i got my http://www.danscomp.com/...101679.php?cat=BIKES and i put it together like a friend who knows about bmx realy good told me and it feels realy nice for my first bmx bike but i just cant seem to get any tricks. i didnt put the pegs cause the closest park is like 1hr and 30min and i dont drive.

but i doent even know how to bunny hop like i can pull up the front good but have no idea how to pull up the rear.

cant manaul or weilie ither lol

how were u ur first day on a bmx bike?

im 14 and have been riding bikes 4 ever but never tryed any tricks or a bmx bike

btw i onely got to ride like 2 hours

|

11/23/2009 9:12 PM

dont excect to lern things in one day it takes time

|

ref(s): evenwest94

11/23/2009 9:13 PM

everybody's like that on their first day. just keep working at it and find friends who know what they're doing and study them like a pedophile studies children. remember you need to practice all the time. like don't even go to school just ride all day.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

11/23/2009 9:17 PM

ok you should start with a
STOPE btw im 11

|

I WILL SLAY YOU MAN NO IM JUST JOSHING AROUND

11/23/2009 9:41 PM

hey dont worry about stuff on first day, ive been riding for almost a year and all i can do is manual, 180, double peg grinds, i can almost do ice pick and footjam whips all i can say is keep on practicing

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

11/23/2009 9:44 PM

element4all wrote:

hey dont worry about stuff on first day, ive been riding for almost a year and all i can do is manual, 180, double peg grinds, ...more

learn trails that way you don't have to learn tricks, you can just flow it.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

11/23/2009 9:46 PM

actually i recommend everybody learn trails. trails boost confidence and handling and flow.

|

Bike check?

11/23/2009 9:48 PM

Just keep riding everywhere and get really comfortable on your bike.

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

11/23/2009 9:57 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

actually i recommend everybody learn trails. trails boost confidence and handling and flow.

how do u learn? just go for it? a friend has a set he calls te girl set cause its small but there huge do i just keep pedling till i hit the lip and c what happens?

|

11/23/2009 10:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2009 10:02 PM

there's a whole trails tutorial thread just post a question if you have any after reading that.

edit: do the thing where you watch what your friend does like a pedophile and copy that.

|

Bike check?

11/23/2009 10:26 PM

ive only been riding for almost 4 or 5 months all i can do is a bunnyhop i cant do a wheelie either i ccant find my balance point and im afraid if i lean back to far ima crack my head open and have to get stitches again but ill get over the fear one day

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!

11/23/2009 10:54 PM

Umm poser?

Don't expect to be able to do a bunnyhop backflip alright?

|

11/23/2009 11:26 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

yea i started with trials, but then my friend whose backyard we made them in. moved. and the owner now destroyed them and put in a freakin garden.. worst winter ever.......

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

11/23/2009 11:41 PM

BRAKELESS-BMX14 wrote:

Umm poser?

this

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

11/23/2009 11:58 PM

BRAKELESS-BMX14 wrote:

Umm poser?

getskyhigh wrote:

this

that and them

|

11/24/2009 1:25 AM

imchrisperez wrote:

Just keep riding everywhere and get really comfortable on your bike.

this

You have to know your bike. You do that by riding everywhere.

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

11/24/2009 2:33 AM

micheal992 wrote:

ive only been riding for almost 4 or 5 months all i can do is a bunnyhop i cant do a wheelie either i ccant find my balance ...more

if you have only been riding for 4 or 5 months, then who is that in your profile pic? You have to get over that fear of cracking you head open. Otherwise, you will never learn to manual.
I'm scared everytime I get on my mini. But I wear a helmet and I get on just bout every chance I can get...
Its about the feeling of when you land a trick. Its so much fun!
If I try a trick or try to make a gap; bigger then what I have ever done, but I know I can do it. I just hold on tight, hit the ground, bruse up, and pedal my ass off. Staying on your bike, 9 out of 10 times is best. If I feel really funny when I'm in the air and know that I'm not going to land whatever trick I'm trying to do. I will at least stay on my bike as much as posible. If I get off my bike when I'm 4ft. above my coping on my mini. I could fall on the coping and brake my leg. But as long as I stay on my bike, have bike controll, and a little self confidence. 9 out of 10 times, I'll just case it.

|

I ride to live!

11/24/2009 3:02 AM

This isn't skateboarding man, progression in bmx takes a long time. This is not an easy sport.

Its gonna take you a long time to start learning tricks, but don't give up. Just keep riding everyday.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

11/24/2009 4:05 AM

i just found a video from 3 years ago where i couldnt bunnyhop at all and now i can get pretty high on a hop
so itll take time but youll get it

i also learned i was a complete fucktard 3 years ago too

|

Bike Check
#Merica.

11/24/2009 5:36 AM

DIMEBAG93 wrote:

i just found a video from 3 years ago where i couldnt bunnyhop at all and now i can get pretty high on a hop
so itll take time ...more

everyone is like that 3years ago .

|

I hate the guy who posted above me.

11/24/2009 7:44 AM

Your not going to have all the tricks the first day. It takes time to get good. Just keep riding.

|

11/24/2009 7:54 AM

His expectations may be high but he is not a poser. I think Matt71927 or whatever his name is defined "poser" for us all!

Well when I got my first BMX, I can remember looking looking at a shit load of tutorials on Youtube/Vimeo and watching a lot of pro's on TV and the internet.

Like people have said before, it won't come easy! You have to work for it and not give up!

Also try different styles of riding (Street/Dirt etc.) and see what suits you but with that bike, street may be preferable.

=)

|

"Oh You Mad Cuz I'm Stylin On You?"

11/24/2009 8:06 AM

ridebmxnc wrote:

This isn't skateboarding man, progression in bmx takes a long time. This is not an easy sport.

Its gonna take you a long time ...more

this this this..practiceeeeee is all thatll help my brother..

|

team fatcats fer life.

11/24/2009 9:06 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

I recommend flatland too, for balance and bike comfort and control as well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/24/2009 9:22 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

if i learned some flatland pretty much any trick i tried would become much easier.

|

Bike check?

11/24/2009 9:29 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

if i learned some flatland pretty much any trick i tried would become much easier.

and for brand new riders- LEAVE YOUR BRAKES ON.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/24/2009 12:24 PM

on my first day i was doing 720 tuck no's flat, tripple whip backflips, tripple frontflips, bunnyhop 100 feet, it was awsome.

|

11/24/2009 12:30 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

and for brand new riders- LEAVE YOUR BRAKES ON.

THIS!

|

I ride to live!

11/24/2009 12:30 PM

kinkbmx525 wrote:

on my first day i was doing 720 tuck no's flat, tripple whip backflips, tripple frontflips, bunnyhop 100 feet, it was awsome.

and now u suck?

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

11/24/2009 2:44 PM

its takes time to learn tricks dude.
im not the best but i ride every single day and i try to progress, and i have been progressing alot lately.it takes time!!!!!!!!!

|

REFS: Spikez5, Wolfen, ryanxanimalbmx, BangDaStreets, coryridesbmx, Tory Tapia(Michael916), hxcpride4, Mduda005, bstick(x2), ChristianJames, ilovemybike22, element4all, ultrablade, Brenden1207, ScramHype(x2)
Bmx-forum: xmashuelx, jwnolte,