fit indent 24 installation

Related:
Create New Tag

8/18/2014 9:46 PM

just got these and after installing the included bearings, I greased the spindle and inside races of the bearings generously but had a super hard time posing the spindle thru even the first bearing. once I got the splined section thru, the rest had to be hammered in. now the cranks don't spin very well. I imagine they'll break in eventually. anybody else run into this?

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

8/18/2014 9:51 PM

Just cranks being weird. Could be your frame BB , but cranks not spinning well is usually a good dialed feeling , land some whips with it !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/18/2014 9:54 PM

Did you remember the internal spacer? the little spacer that goes inside the BB shell in between the bearings, that can cause the cranks to not spin very well.

|

8/18/2014 9:54 PM

i doubt the frame bb seats would be so ovalized that they would compress the bb enough to cause that. tight fit=close tolerance, and it should break in within 2 weeks. if it doesnt, contact fit customer service

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/18/2014 10:38 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Did you remember the internal spacer? the little spacer that goes inside the BB shell in between the bearings, that can cause ...more

yea, it's in there. it's a new frame too. it just seemed like the axle was barely too thick to fit in the bearing smoothly. definitely not easy like 19mm cranks. I'm not too worried about it, I'm sure it'll break in. I was just curious if this was normal for 24mm cranks. at least they probably won't get that wobble lol

|

Instagram
bike check

8/18/2014 10:43 PM

ticaleb wrote:

yea, it's in there. it's a new frame too. it just seemed like the axle was barely too thick to fit in the bearing smoothly. ...more

Just keep them tight at all times and they shouldn't develop that wobble, or at least not for years to come.

But yeah they'll probably break in after awhile, or hopefully. If not then something's wrong

|

8/19/2014 10:50 AM

?t=40s
didnt happen like that for me
|

Instagram
bike check

8/19/2014 1:24 PM

I have them and the spindle has no problem sliding in or out of the bearings. As for them not spinning well, make sure you are using the internal spacer and that it is appropriate length (touches both bearings and cant move freely without force.)

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/19/2014 2:00 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I have them and the spindle has no problem sliding in or out of the bearings. As for them not spinning well, make sure you are ...more

i used the spacer and its on a new s&m frame so the spacer was perfectly sized. the spindle doesn't slide in without force even past the first bearing. i'm guessing there is something wrong with the bearing or the spindle. im going to take it apart when i get home and see if the spindle slides thru the other bearing smoothly. if it doesnt, then im guessing i have two fucked bearings or a fucked spindle.

|

Instagram
bike check

8/19/2014 10:49 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I have them and the spindle has no problem sliding in or out of the bearings. As for them not spinning well, make sure you are ...more

ticaleb wrote:

i used the spacer and its on a new s&m frame so the spacer was perfectly sized. the spindle doesn't slide in without force ...more

I just got my 24mm's a few weeks ago, and i had to tap mine through with a rubber mallet pretty hard.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/20/2014 6:40 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I just got my 24mm's a few weeks ago, and i had to tap mine through with a rubber mallet pretty hard.

phwew...glad it's not just me. did they break in a little bit? if I could crankflip, it would be pretty hard rn.

|

Instagram
bike check

8/20/2014 8:25 AM

i use the 2.5 bossless ones (the ones in the vid you posted.) when i was installing them, i also had to muscle them through. they have stayed strong since. i wouldnt worry too much, but like everyone said, make sure you use the spacer.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.