front female stranger hub bolt stuck

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2019 6:45 PM

hey guys i have a front female stranger hub and i was working on a paint job on my cult frame....when i went to put back my stranger hub one of the bolts wouldn't budge. Can you guys give me some advice on how i can make it budge. Once again it is a stranger crux v2 front hub

|

1/27/2019 6:58 PM

|

1/27/2019 7:17 PM

Stuck how? Pictures?

If it's just tightened up against the cone, tighten the other side of the hub onto one of your frame's dropouts, with the hub outside the frame and then loosen the side that's stuck.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/27/2019 7:21 PM

Had this problem and got the bolt out by removing the axle & clamping it extremely tight in a vice grip for leverage.

I had to use pliers to clamp the vice grip tight enough to keep the axle from spinning. Get it on there REALLY tight.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/27/2019 7:26 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Stuck how? Pictures?

If it's just tightened up against the cone, tighten the other side of the hub onto one of your frame's dropouts, with the hub outside the frame and then loosen the side that's stuck.

tried that already and it didnt work....it just wont budge its like the bolt just moves with the axle

|

1/27/2019 7:27 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Had this problem and got the bolt out by removing the axle & clamping it extremely tight in a vice grip for leverage.

I had to use pliers to clamp the vice grip tight enough to keep the axle from spinning. Get it on there REALLY tight.

should i put the vice grip on the cone?

|

1/27/2019 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2019 7:32 PM

jess3727 wrote:

tried that already and it didnt work....it just wont budge its like the bolt just moves with the axle

You didn't try hard enough then...

Tighten it properly to the frame and the axle won't be able to spin...

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/27/2019 7:32 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

jess3727 wrote:

No. Take the axle out of the hub and clamp it to the middle of the axle. Do NOT let the axle spin in the vice grip, it will absolutely ruin the axle. Just get it on there as tight as you possibly can and then some lol

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

1/27/2019 7:35 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

No. Take the axle out of the hub and clamp it to the middle of the axle. Do NOT let the axle spin in the vice grip, it will absolutely ruin the axle. Just get it on there as tight as you possibly can and then some lol

This method is just begging to strip the bearing seat.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/27/2019 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2019 7:41 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Stuck how? Pictures?

jess3727 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

You didn't try hard enough then...

Tighten it properly to the frame and the axle won't be able to spin...

the bolt is like in between where u can't
really put it on the frame or fork....

|

1/27/2019 7:41 PM

jess3727 wrote:

the bolt is like in between where u can't
really put it on the frame or fork....

That would be why I said to put the wheel on the outside of the frame(with the non-stuck bolt head in between the dropouts).

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/27/2019 7:41 PM

jess3727 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

This is why I said to clamp the middle of the axle, not the section that the bearing rests on & specifically not the cone. And also to NOT let it slip.

It worked fine for me when I removed a bolt with damaged threads the other day. No damage done to the axle & got the bolt out without a fuss. It was a pain getting the vice grip on tight enough, but was very simple after that lol.

If OP can follow directions he should be alright.?

|

1/27/2019 7:43 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

This is why I said to clamp the middle of the axle, not the section that the bearing rests on & specifically not the cone. And also to NOT let it slip.

It worked fine for me when I removed a bolt with damaged threads the other day. No damage done to the axle & got the bolt out without a fuss. It was a pain getting the vice grip on tight enough, but was very simple after that lol.

i forgot to mention its on a g sport rim with spokes so it would be hard to clamp with the vice grip

|

1/27/2019 7:44 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Ah, skipped right past the "put it in the middle" part tongue

It's still not ideal; my method doesn't risk damaging anything whereas there is a risk of crushing the axle your way.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/27/2019 7:48 PM

yeah but i dont think i can clamp it with a vice grip cuz it has spokes and a g sport rim on it

|

1/27/2019 7:53 PM

jess3727 wrote:

yeah but i dont think i can clamp it with a vice grip cuz it has spokes and a g sport rim on it

That would be the hubshell; not the axle. Given you don't know which is which, I'd really recommend you bring it to a bike shop.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/27/2019 7:59 PM

jess3727 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

That would be the hubshell; not the axle. Given you don't know which is which, I'd really recommend you bring it to a bike shop.

alright thanks

|

1/27/2019 8:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2019 8:02 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

jess3727 wrote:

i forgot to mention its on a g sport rim with spokes so it would be hard to clamp with the vice grip

Do you not understand what "take the axle out" means? Lol

Just seen comments above

|

1/28/2019 9:12 AM

Give up maybe?

|