foot in the door

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2015 12:41 PM

so, chad of powers bike shop has said he'll let me come help out on some days and will show me how to do some stuff and do minor stuff (change tubes, pedals ya know) I had my first day the other week, pulled an order packaged it up, labeled a box of goggles, and gloves. was a pretty cool day. so hopefully he'll call me over to help out more smile and maybe it'll lead to a job when he moves into bigger space im excited, just thought i'd share with my online bmx-r buddies smile

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/24/2015 12:47 PM

Congrats man. I was lucky enough to be given a chance at a lawnmower shop when I was 18. I now make 50k a year selling lawnmowers 10 years later. Hard work, being on time (half the battle for people this day in age) and learning something new everyday will lead to success.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

7/24/2015 1:43 PM

Good on ya mate hopefully you get some more work out of it.

|

7/24/2015 2:27 PM

Nice!

I worked at a shop for 4 years. Definitely a labor of love. You won't make a lot of money, but it was a good time. If I could make ends meet at one, I would definitely go back to shop life.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/25/2015 9:04 AM

Right on man.. I'll be up there Monday.. they were closed yesterday.

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

7/25/2015 10:41 AM

I really wanna work at a shop or own my own someday. Mainly just as a second job but I would kill to work at one these days. I love working on bikes for money. I usually do it for my friends for free, which kinda sucks actually once my brother brought up the fact that if I move they won't be able to fix them lol.

I'm bummed about that, but hopefully they can learn from me before I peace out in a few years.

I really want to build wheels and other stuff for people.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.