for future reference (part suggestion)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2014 3:16 PM

I might want to be getting new bars sooner or later. I am quite locked in on the Solace Bars from Kink, because they practically have the same geo as my current Fiction Troop Bars which are also 8.65 tall and have a 28 inch width, similar upsweep I believe, and the solace bars come in a blood red colorway which looks kind of marble like, and somewhat the same style as my frame

I am pretty sure A LOT of you guys will recommend Odyssey bars which WILL be a wise choice but I really do like the look on the Kink bars. The Kink's also have lifetime warranty as well.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

1/5/2014 3:22 PM

Everyone I know who had Kink bars snapped or bent them, except for the OG Badger bars anyway. So personally that steers me away from Kink bars, but I'm sure they've gotten better now so they should be good

|

1/5/2014 3:39 PM

Personally.... I hate most kink parts. I have seen too Kink many forks and bars snap or bend (my friend's replacement set of forks actually arrived bent a few months ago).
If it were me, I'd steer clear of their bars. Especially because there are so many other quality brands out there now.
Also, many other bars have a very similar or identical geo to the Solace ones, so it's not like those bars are one of a kind.
Theres a ton of bars with 1 deg upsweep and 12 back if you dont mind budging a degree. or 2 up and 11 back.

|

Insta: @devicacy

1/5/2014 3:52 PM

Get Fit Benny Lewis bars, I'd like to see them on an orange bike.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

1/5/2014 4:00 PM

tainted1581 wrote:

lol that is not my setup anymore, this is my current one. except for the seat and it having a colony cc sprocket
Photo

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

1/5/2014 4:03 PM

I've had badgers for 3 years.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

1/5/2014 4:09 PM

tainted1581 wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

lol that is not my setup anymore, this is my current one. except for the seat and it having a colony cc sprocket
Photo

Those tires look so good and still I reckon that Lewis bars would look sweet even with brakes.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

1/5/2014 4:15 PM

tainted1581 wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

Photo

tainted1581 wrote:

Those tires look so good and still I reckon that Lewis bars would look sweet even with brakes.

yeah i have always wondered how a gyro would look on 4 piece bars

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

1/5/2014 4:26 PM

personally, i think that the bone deth deadman bars look much better with brakes (kinda weird without brakes)
the fit bennys look pretty clean without brakes.
the deadmans are also a little closer to your geo i think.

|

1/5/2014 4:36 PM

i have the kink human bars and they seem to be holding up fine but i dont ride to hard

|

brakeless maniac

1/5/2014 4:57 PM

oh and last thing some four pieces look really weird with a topload stem, sometimes depends on the style tho. I ended up switching my stem from black to polished when i got my black bennys for that reason, so it wouldnt look weird. Rounded stem might also look weird with four piece bars. idk just shit to keep in mind lol

|

1/6/2014 8:29 AM

Odyssey GY3
8.66x28
$30 on dans

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/6/2014 8:43 AM

I've got badgers on my bike their 3 years old but I just got a pair of grandslams for my new bike .....my buddy snapped his badgers and almost died and he rides smooth to

|

1/6/2014 10:27 AM

So quick question. What exactly does upsweep do? Like does it affect tricks or anything? I've heard bars with more upsweep are more comfortable, true or bull? Figured this would be the thread to ask

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/6/2014 3:26 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

So quick question. What exactly does upsweep do? Like does it affect tricks or anything? I've heard bars with more upsweep are ...more

Upsweep can make it more comfortable on your wrists. It's all preference. I prefer 3 or 4 deg of upsweep. Depends on your build as well. Just try out some bars with more if you're wondering if you'd like it.

|