fork offset question

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2012 9:58 PM

i just like hopping over stuff and down stairs, but i wanna get a little tech riding.
i heard that fork offset like 24-26 is easier for spinning and manualing
and 30 is more stable. is there rly a big difference? what offset is better?

|

5/23/2012 11:00 PM

neither one is better, it's sort of like having a shorter rear end, the steeper the offset the closer the wheel is to the frame, I have 32 offset and i have 25 offset coming in the mail, but if you want to be stable while you land still go for cult sect v2s with 28, or fly agua 27 offset, 30 offset like the shivs or demolition elites would be good too.

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

5/23/2012 11:10 PM

metalheadification wrote:

neither one is better, it's sort of like having a shorter rear end, the steeper the offset the closer the wheel is to the frame, I have 32 offset and i have 25 offset coming in the mail, but if you want to be stable while you land still go for cult sect v2s with 28, or fly agua 27 offset, 30 offset like the shivs or demolition elites would be good too.

i was looking at the subrosa villicus fork 30 offset. i want something stable for hopping down stairs and stuff, but also make spins easier. so is 30 good? thanks!

|

5/23/2012 11:12 PM

bmXandMetal wrote:

i was looking at the subrosa villicus fork 30 offset. i want something stable for hopping down stairs and stuff, but also make spins easier. so is 30 good? thanks!

yeah it'll feel waay better if you're riding stock forks. stock forks usually have 35 offset

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

5/23/2012 11:19 PM

metalheadification wrote:

yeah it'll feel waay better if you're riding stock forks. stock forks usually have 35 offset

35...thats a lot. anyways, you helped a lot. thanks man

|

5/23/2012 11:22 PM

bmXandMetal wrote:

i was looking at the subrosa villicus fork 30 offset. i want something stable for hopping down stairs and stuff, but also make spins easier. so is 30 good? thanks!

metalheadification wrote:

yeah it'll feel waay better if you're riding stock forks. stock forks usually have 35 offset

bmXandMetal wrote:

35...thats a lot. anyways, you helped a lot. thanks man

no problem

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.