fork problemo

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2013 8:04 PM

So I need new forks and I need one with a standard bearing race. Sk basically best fork with a standard bearing race.

|

10/22/2013 8:21 PM

1" or 1-1/8"

|

10/22/2013 8:22 PM

For racing or what type of riding?

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/22/2013 8:42 PM

Street.and park. If no real answers come up.ill go STI

|

10/22/2013 8:46 PM

Couldn't you just get forks without the bearing race as part of the fork and just press on your own race?

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/22/2013 8:50 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Couldn't you just get forks without the bearing race as part of the fork and just press on your own race?

I cant seem to find forks w/out bearing races that don't "suck" as in low quality.

|

10/22/2013 8:54 PM

Fit blade v1 if you can find em

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

10/22/2013 8:59 PM

So I found the Rant fork and The Fiction Troop fork don't come with integrated bearing races, idk about the quality but it can't be too bad there both chromoly and I've been riding stock non chromoly forks for a while and are fine except where I fucked up grinding lol.

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:00 PM

Fit Blade v2 forks have the option for chrome & matte black to come without the bearing race.
|

10/22/2013 9:02 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: Fit Blade v2 forks have the option for chrome & matte black to come without the bearing race.

Here we go.

|

10/22/2013 9:03 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

So I found the Rant fork and The Fiction Troop fork don't come with integrated bearing races, idk about the quality but it can't be too bad there both chromoly and I've been riding stock non chromoly forks for a while and are fine except where I fucked up grinding lol.

No fiction for me. Nada, neevarrr.

|

10/22/2013 9:06 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: Fit Blade v2 forks have the option for chrome & matte black to come without the bearing race.

biggybuggy wrote:

Here we go.

Note: Only compatible with integrated headsets. Forks without the integrated race have a large diameter steerer tube near the fork crown and will not fit through most standard headsets.

I thought Blades too but then I saw this.

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:09 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Note: Only compatible with integrated headsets. Forks without the integrated race have a large diameter steerer tube near the fork crown and will not fit through most standard headsets.

I thought Blades too but then I saw this.

"Will not fit through most"

so it might still fit, call danscomp and ask 'em. Although it should, and if it doesn't, all you'll need is a standard bearing race that will fit it and a bike shop should have something like that laying around, my shop has millions of them laying around

|

10/22/2013 9:11 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

"Will not fit through most"

so it might still fit, call danscomp and ask 'em. Although it should, and if it doesn't, all you'll need is a standard bearing race that will fit it and a bike shop should have something like that laying around, my shop has millions of them laying around

You think they make races that would fit a larger diameter steer tube?

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:13 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

You think they make races that would fit a larger diameter steer tube?

They should, in the description it says "will not fit through most"

so there should still be some that will fit, given that information

|

10/22/2013 9:13 PM

At this point, the sti conversion seems like the best.option until I get a new frame.

|

10/22/2013 9:18 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

At this point, the sti conversion seems like the best.option until I get a new frame.

If I were you, I'd just do that honestly. then you can use the bearings, compression piece & dust cover when you get a new frame so you aren't spending more money on another headset

|

10/22/2013 9:20 PM

Yeah probably a good idea.

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:23 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

If I were you, I'd just do that honestly. then you can use the bearings, compression piece & dust cover when you get a new frame so you aren't spending more money on another headset

I am thinking of a black eye park pro frame in 20.5, once I kill the bearings in that headset, move on to that sexy kink ceramic headset.

|