forks

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2010 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2010 12:12 PM

even though forks with integrated bearing races say for integrated bearings would it work for a standard headset because i can get director forks dirt cheap and want to know if i can use them on my frame

|

fly sunday mutiny gsport primo odyssey

My Loosefer WAN CLAN Facebook Instagram @dickfarts

1/16/2010 12:13 PM

No

|

1/16/2010 12:29 PM

ok thanks

|

fly sunday mutiny gsport primo odyssey

My Loosefer WAN CLAN Facebook Instagram @dickfarts

1/16/2010 12:35 PM

yes it cannnnn i did it you need a sealed headset it worked for me

|

crystal meth

1/16/2010 12:37 PM

Harry95 wrote:

We talked about this

|

1/16/2010 1:19 PM

Harry95 wrote:

bloghogs wrote:

We talked about this

i forget what your answer wasss but i still think you can cuz it worked for me idk nevermind shamu bloghogs is smarter than me

|

crystal meth

1/16/2010 1:34 PM

Ok Harry,Im not mad and Im not yelling at you.It's just you and me on the porch having a Coke.
1.If you are going to tell people this,you need to cough up the brand names of the headset and fork.Then tell us what your lb.s. did to make it happen.
2.The head tube is the most stressed part on a bike and not a good place to start fudging with parts.Things go snap and people can get hurt.
3.This guy is going to spend hard earned money on this fork.When he rips his bike apart,and the new fork doesnt work,he is going to scream WTF! so loud you will hear it from your house.
If you can check off all three of these things,tell us all about it.Iv'e seen your work on here and it's pretty dam legit.This is the only thing you and I don't agree on so far.

|

1/16/2010 2:02 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Ok Harry,Im not mad and Im not yelling at you.It's just you and me on the porch having a Coke.
1.If you are going to tell people this,you need to cough up the brand names of the headset and fork.Then tell us what your lb.s. did to make it happen.
2.The head tube is the most stressed part on a bike and not a good place to start fudging with parts.Things go snap and people can get hurt.
3.This guy is going to spend hard earned money on this fork.When he rips his bike apart,and the new fork doesnt work,he is going to scream WTF! so loud you will hear it from your house.
If you can check off all three of these things,tell us all about it.Iv'e seen your work on here and it's pretty dam legit.This is the only thing you and I don't agree on so far.

i've seen the stickers on the odyssey director forks, it says "For Integrated and Traditional Headsets for 45 Degree Bearing Raceways Only". there's pictures on dans.

http://www.danscomp.com/353247.php?cat=PARTS#

idk if it's true, but i'd let bloghogs see about that...

|

1/16/2010 2:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 12:20 AM

Ok,I see the sticker.But Dan's says[LINK TO IMAGE]So far I have yet to find a 1 1/8 threadless that says it will work with a campy spec. let alone a Odyssey fork.The angle is the thing.

|

1/16/2010 2:36 PM

bloghogs wrote:

my fork was this one. i set it up on my frame and it seemed to work but then the bottom bearing broke so i took it to the shop and they said they would fix it and then when i went back they said the fork wasn't supposed to go with a unsealed bearing and they said they put a sealed bearing lower cup in it. im looking at it and it doesn't have a name but it looks like the bottom of an integrated headset bearing. would a name be on the part that goes on the frame maybe? if thats a possibility ill try and take it out to see. and ill post pics in a few minutes too

|

crystal meth

1/16/2010 3:36 PM

Bumper cars fot T bug and Dave

|

1/16/2010 3:54 PM

why not just check the ody sight.

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide