forks for fat tires?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/11/2017 10:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2017 10:17 AM

I'm currently looking looking into getting the Odyssey R-series forks along with the Odyssey Ross v2 tire and I'm just wondering before I drop 130ish on forks if they are wide enough for 2.4 tires (I'm getting it in 2.3 I like to have extra space in case my wheel goes out of true). If not what are my options?

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

1/11/2017 1:15 PM

I have r25 forks with cult ak 2.5 tires that inflate to 2.6 and I have a decent amount of clearance. A FRIEND of mine runs that same set up and his tires never rubbed before, he has a lot of clearance. You should especially fine because it wouldn't make sense of a company made their own tire that wouldn't fit their own fork.

|

1/11/2017 1:40 PM

^Thanks for your help. I've read really mixed things about the r25 and how 2.4s wont fit or anything. Got me a little fucked up tbh but if AKs will fit I guess anything will lol

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

1/11/2017 5:04 PM

the R series forks are really solid but you could look into the subrosa battle forks they have a little more offset but if you do a lot of stuff on your front wheel and front pegs IMO there better than the R series forks due to a larger dropout and i believe they are designed for bigger tires

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

1/11/2017 5:55 PM

I have run 2.4 fit ta tires in mine and my friend has run those Merritt option tires in his and at 100psi they are massive and have had no problem. I have also been heavy grinding on r32 forks for years and have never had an issue with the dropouts. Get the odyssey forks, you won't regret it!

|

1/11/2017 6:51 PM

jj0996 wrote:

the R series forks are really solid but you could look into the subrosa battle forks they have a little more offset but if you do a lot of stuff on your front wheel and front pegs IMO there better than the R series forks due to a larger dropout and i believe they are designed for bigger tires

As far as fork offset goes the Odyssey forks have two different models the r32 and r25s the r25s will have more offset than the subrosas because the subrosas come in a 30mm offset whereas the r25s have a 25mm which is more ideal for front end tricks. Same with my Odyssey forks I've been hard grinding for two years now and I've had no problems with them. I believe odyssey has a better warranty too. I'd take odyssey

|