dropouts grinding down

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2017 6:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2017 9:36 AM

i resently got into grinding and im useing shadow little ones and they are very small in diamiter so they dont cover the dropout front and back and when i grind on a ledge it grinds the dropout and wears it down and my first thought was to buy a plasitic sleeve to make the peg thicker so the fork wont rub but im also withing of hub guards....if this a good idea...what should i do

|

10/23/2017 6:18 AM

Either, stop caring and let it wear down, or buy wider diameter pegs. Hub guards won't make a massive difference to the dropouts really

I do pegless smiths on my dropouts and just expect them to wear down. I sometimes put a large diameter washer on so I grind that instead of the dropouts, but that seems like cheating

|

10/23/2017 6:20 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Either, stop caring and let it wear down, or buy wider diameter pegs. Hub guards won't make a massive difference to the ...more

i mean its not like there good forks anyway there on stock on the subrosa tiro so there hi-tensil steel

|

10/23/2017 7:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2017 7:48 AM

im basically grinding my dropouts ......i have pegs on i just think the peg isnt big enough in diameter and i dont wanna buy a new one because i just got these

|

10/23/2017 11:31 AM

If you resently got into grinding, why not stop? smile

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/23/2017 11:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2017 11:37 AM

readybmxer wrote:

why should i...its fun.....it adds another aspect to bmx.....only place i can see that phrase coming in handy is when talking to trump about being president

|

10/23/2017 11:42 AM

readybmxer wrote:

bmxgangri123 wrote:

why should i...its fun.....it adds another aspect to bmx.....only place i can see that phrase coming in handy is when talking ...more

Flew right over his head wooooosh

|

10/23/2017 11:45 AM

i mean it is going to wear things down on my bike im just thinking if there is a way to make things last longer....

|

10/23/2017 11:51 AM

You shouldn't be grinding with hi-ten forks. They aren't made for it. Your asking for trouble. I'd invest in some chromoly forks asap. I have a few sets of nice aftermarket forks for sale, real cheap if your interested. Either way though upgrade as soon as you can.

|

10/23/2017 11:53 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

You shouldn't be grinding with hi-ten forks. They aren't made for it. Your asking for trouble. I'd invest in some chromoly ...more

unfortunately unless they are being sold as cheap as front and back hub guards i cant afford that rn

|