frame and bars

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2013 7:04 AM

yo
i've heard that the size of your bars and frame depends on how tall you are
im 175 cm tall, 14 years old(almost 15)
1. what size bars and frame do you think will be the best for me?

2. and is it possible for the bars to be TOO big for me? right now i have Sunday Tall T bars with a top load and sometimes when i hop i fall over the back, also thats one of the main problems with 180s for me - i fall over
do you think that i should change them or pull them forward/backward?

thanks i wil be thankful if you help me

|

7/24/2013 1:29 PM

1) Whatever feels best for you, 8.5" Rise Bars and 21" TT is pretty average for your height.

2) Definitely possible. I reccommend putting them forward because you'll have more room, and you'll be further forward making you less likely to loop out. I'm 6ft (182cm) and I have my Bars 90 degrees to the ground.

|

7/24/2013 1:42 PM

It's all person preference. I'm 5'9 and ride 8x27 inch bars and a 20.6 frame right now. On the bike I'm building It'll have 8.25/8.5 with a frontload no spacers and cut to like 26.75 or 27 and a 21 inch frame.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/24/2013 1:50 PM

8.5" Height, 28" Width, 4 Upsweep, 10.5 to 12 Backsweep, Straight Gauge .065" Tubing, If you can find them Duel Radius Bends. Basically there are 2 Bars i know of with these Specs... Tree Moto & S&M Fathead. I have the Moto Bars on there way to me right now & they have neat thread in bar ends as an extra which are pretty bad ass.

Frame wise, its completely personal preference. I am 6.1" & i was told i should be riding 21"+ Top Tubes. I bought a couple of Frames with 21" Top Tubes, it didn't feel right so i thought i would go to 21.25" It was great for cruising around but i honestly couldn't do shit on it. I have two Frames with 20" Top Tubes, yes 20". They are the BEST Frames i have ever ridden, I will never buy a new Frame again with anything over 20" Top Tube! I feel so at home.

I haven't really been able to ride them a great deal this year because of a shoulder injury that i found out Yesterday is a Sublax. So i will be having Surgery & I am hoping after a shit ton of Rehab i will be back on the 20" Benny Frame next year & shredding!

|

7/25/2013 3:36 AM

Thanks for the help guys!
And btw right now i ride a topload stem if i put a frontload (without spacers) will i stop falling over when i do 180s :d
because i really want to learn them but i keep falling, ive been trying them 3months or even more .. :/

|

7/25/2013 7:47 AM

Topsey wrote:

8.5" Height, 28" Width, 4 Upsweep, 10.5 to 12 Backsweep, Straight Gauge .065" Tubing, If you can find them Duel Radius Bends. Basically there are 2 Bars i know of with these Specs... Tree Moto & S&M Fathead. I have the Moto Bars on there way to me right now & they have neat thread in bar ends as an extra which are pretty bad ass.

Frame wise, its completely personal preference. I am 6.1" & i was told i should be riding 21"+ Top Tubes. I bought a couple of Frames with 21" Top Tubes, it didn't feel right so i thought i would go to 21.25" It was great for cruising around but i honestly couldn't do shit on it. I have two Frames with 20" Top Tubes, yes 20". They are the BEST Frames i have ever ridden, I will never buy a new Frame again with anything over 20" Top Tube! I feel so at home.

I haven't really been able to ride them a great deal this year because of a shoulder injury that i found out Yesterday is a Sublax. So i will be having Surgery & I am hoping after a shit ton of Rehab i will be back on the 20" Benny Frame next year & shredding!

Honestly Topsey, I have been wondering this about TT length. My last BMX before this one had a 19" TT, and this one (21.25) feels so long in comparison. I have honestly considered getting another frame with a shorter TT just to check it out. I have a Grim Reaper with a 20.6tt (I think) that I have thought about swapping out to check it out, but at the moment, I'm just not going to spend the money on another bb, especially since I'm selling that frame.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/26/2013 1:23 AM

kisame2660 wrote:

Thanks for the help guys!
And btw right now i ride a topload stem if i put a frontload (without spacers) will i stop falling over when i do 180s :d
because i really want to learn them but i keep falling, ive been trying them 3months or even more .. :/

guys tell meee pleeeeaseee :D

|

7/26/2013 1:27 AM

kisame2660 wrote:

guys tell meee pleeeeaseee :D

Go to the fucking skatepark and learn where someone can see what you're doing wrong.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.