frame change

Related:
Create New Tag

4/9/2016 1:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/9/2016 1:52 PM

Hello guys i just wanted to ask if its possible to change frame on my bmx.I bought it 3 years ago and it turns out it actually is a racing bmx and the frame is glued at the triangle.Can i simply buy a new frame make it a street bmx? i barely used it due to leg injury but i am ready to ride now.My current frame makes the bike very heavy it is around 35 lbs.

|

4/9/2016 1:58 PM

Wont work bud sorry

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/9/2016 2:23 PM

Why is that? i mean i simply switch frames and bars

|

4/9/2016 3:01 PM

Racing frame yet your bike weighs 35 lbs? You need to change more than just your frame and bars.

Most parts will be compatible with a new frame. But a lot of race frames use a euro bottom bracket. Which are terrible for anything other than racing. Your frame might also have 10mm dropouts. Pretty much every non race frame will have 14mm. Not a huge problem as you can use top hat washers.
You also need to check the headset. Most are integrated, but not all.

If your bike is a race bike, some of the parts won't hold up to street or park

|

4/10/2016 10:13 AM

i simply dont want the bike to go to waste ^^ i ll chagne the frame and bars and if any other part gets damaged i ll grab a good brand. i got a bmx shop nearby.

|

4/10/2016 10:53 AM

BmxeR9555 wrote:

i simply dont want the bike to go to waste ^^ i ll chagne the frame and bars and if any other part gets damaged i ll grab a ...more

You just need to ensure that ALL of the measurements and sizes are compatible. What kind of bike do you have anyways? A picture with specifications would be most helpful. :D

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/10/2016 11:35 AM

It is a carrera terminator. search it up on google ^^. This is the frame i think of buying to replace the current one.i am going to be riding brakeless. http://www.rideonline.gr/shop/skeleti-bmx/kink-titan-street-frame-ed-black/

|

4/10/2016 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2016 12:39 PM

That's not a race bike. But you'll need a new headset, bb, and cranks.

Edit: you'd be a lot better off saving a bit and buying a complete bike, for about €400 you'll get a fairly decent beginners bmx

|

4/10/2016 1:40 PM

Honestly the carrera terminator is a piece of shit that'll probably break and hurt you so get a whole new bike.

|

4/11/2016 2:11 AM

and what should i do with this. it is fairly new and i dont want it to go to waste.

|

4/11/2016 4:55 AM

Sell it, you'll get a bit toward a new bike

|

4/12/2016 2:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2016 2:54 PM

Shouldnt i use it until it breaks or smth? also wanted to ask if i have to remove headset bars etc if i want to remove the gyro. i still have a back brake on that one.By the way is that a street or race bike? i am so confused.i got it when i was 14

|

4/12/2016 3:18 PM

You'd be better off getting a better bike asap really. It's neither street or race. Certainly not race. It's just a generic cheap supermarket bike. You'll need to take your stem off to take the gyro off. But don't ride brakeless unless you're 100% confident you'll be able to

|

4/12/2016 4:06 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

Honestly the carrera terminator is a piece of shit that'll probably break and hurt you so get a whole new bike.

THIS

Honestly it would be best to just sell it and buy an actual bmx bike.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

4/12/2016 5:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2016 6:20 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

THIS

Honestly it would be best to just sell it and buy an actual bmx bike.

Yeeeeaaahh... My bad, should've looked on the internet first instead of straight replying. tongue You REALLY should consider picking up a complete. Please don't ask "Which one should I get?" just yet on this post, there are loads of threads on here.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn