frame dent

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2013 9:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2013 9:28 PM

i got a dent on my downtube approximately 2-3 cm deep. i dont see any cracks around it. is this gonna weaken my frame or anything? also, do handlebars usually bend or snap? i think mine are chromoly, they're from a 2011 fit complete level2

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

8/12/2013 9:33 PM

2-3 cm deep? if my conversions arent off, wouldnt that be more than 1/2 of the tube diameter, maybe this could affect strenght, but pics would help me make an estimation

unless you ride damn hard you shouldnt break or bend chromo handlebars, but since they are stock, maybe

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/12/2013 9:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2013 9:37 PM

a dent won't hurt anything. don't worry. but that sounds crazy big. pics please
bars usually bend but i've seen a fair few snap as well. depends how hard they are ridden and how much abuse they take

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/12/2013 9:38 PM

tomdon wrote:

bars usually bend but i've seen a fair few snap as well. depends how hard they are ridden and how much abuse they take

thanks. about the bars, i want to do this pretty big gap but im a little worried my bars are gonna snap and im gonna smash my face on the crossbar. should i be worried?

|

8/12/2013 9:39 PM

tomdon wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

thanks. about the bars, i want to do this pretty big gap but im a little worried my bars are gonna snap and im gonna smash my face on the crossbar. should i be worried?

what do you define as big? How big is this gap? And generally bars crack before they snap. They tend to snap because the rider doesn't notice the crack or keeps riding anyway

|

8/12/2013 9:40 PM

no, but if it makes you feel better, get a new set of bars, you wont worry, and you can get ones more suited to your height and shit

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/12/2013 9:45 PM

tomdon wrote:

what do you define as big? How big is this gap? And generally bars crack before they snap. They tend to snap because the rider doesn't notice the crack or keeps riding anyway

gap is equivalent to a normal 10 stair. i don't think my bars are cracked, just scratched, a small dent at the bend. yea i think ill be fine.

|

8/12/2013 9:46 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

no, but if it makes you feel better, get a new set of bars, you wont worry, and you can get ones more suited to your height and shit

thanks for the feedback. nice signature too

|

8/12/2013 9:49 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

thanks for the feedback. nice signature too

i speaks da truth

|

8/12/2013 9:50 PM

crazyclark wrote:

tomdon wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

gap is equivalent to a normal 10 stair. i don't think my bars are cracked, just scratched, a small dent at the bend. yea i think ill be fine.

correct. a 10 stair sized gap will not snap your bars

|

8/12/2013 9:52 PM

crazyclark wrote:

if anything probibly cranks , to snap bars i would think you would need to land nose heavy

|

8/12/2013 9:54 PM

tomdon wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

tomdon wrote:

correct. a 10 stair sized gap will not snap your bars

Radicul

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

8/12/2013 9:55 PM

tomdon wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

chad88 wrote:

if anything probibly cranks , to snap bars i would think you would need to land nose heavy

oh yea, i think my cranks are on the verge of breaking. they're pretty squeaky. if the spindle or crank arm broke from this gap, what would probably happen? would my feet just come off and hit the ground?

|

8/12/2013 9:57 PM

crazyclark wrote:

chad88 wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

oh yea, i think my cranks are on the verge of breaking. they're pretty squeaky. if the spindle or crank arm broke from this gap, what would probably happen? would my feet just come off and hit the ground?

Your wee wee would harden

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

8/12/2013 9:58 PM

crazyclark wrote:

that doesnt mean theyre gonna break. it could just be your bearings need some grease

|

8/12/2013 9:59 PM

no,generally squeaking implies lack of lube, so grease that shit
also, parts usually will not break in one trick/gap/whatever, they will show stress, bend, or crack before snapping in half

|

8/12/2013 10:01 PM

GOD DAMMIT SICKDUDE GET THE FUCK OFF OF VITAL

|