frame size.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2013 6:23 PM

Ok so right now i am riding a 20.55 felt manic street frame and i dont know how long the chainstays are but i hit my back foot on the peg all the time so they are pretty short.
Problem here is I'm 6 foot and still growing. so obviously im cramped. tim is selling his frame the make croft in 21 with 13.75 cs slammed. that is a drastic jump in frame size so i was wondering how much harder it would be to spin and stuff..
I was thinking a 20. 75 with 20.5 or even 20.25 cs would be better. but who knows i might still be cramped
ALso i was wanting reviews on the frame. My frame now has double gussetts and his only has one and im a pretty big kid(250) so that sketched me out a bit.

tldr: is going from 20.55 with short chainstays gonna make a huge difference going to 21 with 13.75 cs? reviews on the make croft frame

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/2/2013 7:05 PM

Its perfect for you and its strongest frame on the market. Buy buy buy.
jk
21-21.25" sounds ideal for you, and youll adapt to any CS length.
As for my frame its been perfect for me at 6'1" 240lbs. Feels really stiff and its not as unresponsive as you might think but its all a personal preference.

My opinions here are biased since im the one selling it to you though lol.
How about I just let you ride my bike?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/2/2013 7:22 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Its perfect for you and its strongest frame on the market. Buy buy buy.
jk
21-21.25" sounds ideal for you, and youll adapt to any CS length.
As for my frame its been perfect for me at 6'1" 240lbs. Feels really stiff and its not as unresponsive as you might think but its all a personal preference.

My opinions here are biased since im the one selling it to you though lol.
How about I just let you ride my bike?

thatll work. i think ill like it but im not sure.

|

Deviant BMX store

12/2/2013 7:26 PM

oh and if you still have the stem when i look at your frame and ive got the money ill also probably buy your stem.. which one is it?(reach)

|

Deviant BMX store

12/2/2013 7:28 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

thatll work. i think ill like it but im not sure.

Well ill let you ride my bike, and you can decide from there. Im planning on going to main st. St charles on Saturday to ride with The horror contact if you wanna meet us there

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

12/2/2013 7:30 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

oh and if you still have the stem when i look at your frame and ive got the money ill also probably buy your stem.. which one is it?(reach)

53mm. Its also on my bike so youll get the feel of them together. Ill do $150 for the both of um.

|

12/2/2013 7:38 PM

cant meet up on saturday. im going hunting and it's the last weekend to go for me. btw why do all these threads end up just the Missouri guys? lol im surprised chuck hasn't commented yet. you said you cant sell til after christmas so we have time.

|

Deviant BMX store

12/2/2013 7:44 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

cant meet up on saturday. im going hunting and it's the last weekend to go for me. btw why do all these threads end up just the Missouri guys? lol im surprised chuck hasn't commented yet. you said you cant sell til after christmas so we have time.

Darn. And yeah lol thats true. Chuck will comment soon enough.
Yeah. Come to p9 the 22nd when SnM An1mal is visiting

|

12/2/2013 7:49 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Darn. And yeah lol thats true. Chuck will comment soon enough.
Yeah. Come to p9 the 22nd when SnM An1mal is visiting

that should work!

|

Deviant BMX store

12/2/2013 7:54 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

that should work!

Dope brother. Ill keep you updated on that.

|

12/2/2013 8:12 PM

Alright man. Yeah, at 6'0" and 250, you're a bigger guy. I'm 6'0", 265, and I was riding the G7 with no gussets ( internal, which to me is none at all) and had no problems. I don't grind, I have no time and there's nothing around me to grind anyway, but I do like to jump off random stuff when I have the chance, and went off my old roof when I was home alone. ( no point in doing that while getting in trouble by the wife, haha) I honestly think that you may notice the longer frame at first, but will have no problem adjusting to it. If you were a chihuahua sized kid, then maybe it would be a little harder to spin, but I really don't think you'll have an issue. With everything the same except the frame, the Soundwave is supposed to have shorter cs, but the axle bolt was at the end of the dropout on the G7, and it's mid dropout on the Sunday. Makes me wonder how much truth is in advertised cs length, haha. Also, my wife's old TT was 20.6, but she likes my longer 21.25" TT, so she's going to be riding the G7 come spring time. She's short.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/2/2013 8:15 PM

There he is! Are you gonna make it to p9, chuck? Lol

|

12/2/2013 8:31 PM

When?

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/2/2013 8:33 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

When?

22nd. SnM is visiting us.

|

12/2/2013 8:49 PM

I'll see what I can do. My wife usually has the days around Christmas locked down pretty tight. I would also need to get a helmet between now and then, (which I need anyway), but I'll see what I can do. I used to work up in that area, and hopefully will again before long, so short Saturdays at work are always better with a good ride afterwards, haha. I should know more before long. I heard her and one of her family members planning that stuff earlier this evening.

|

12/2/2013 8:52 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

I'll see what I can do. My wife usually has the days around Christmas locked down pretty tight. I would also need to get a helmet between now and then, (which I need anyway), but I'll see what I can do. I used to work up in that area, and hopefully will again before long, so short Saturdays at work are always better with a good ride afterwards, haha. I should know more before long. I heard her and one of her family members planning that stuff earlier this evening.

Well, p9 has rental helmets for $3 worst comes to worst.

|

12/2/2013 8:54 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Well, p9 has rental helmets for $3 worst comes to worst.

Good to know! ( A bit gross, but I have some welders beanies I can wear under it if I have to rent one, haha).

|

12/2/2013 9:00 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Good to know! ( A bit gross, but I have some welders beanies I can wear under it if I have to rent one, haha).

Yeahhh. Idk they wash em, but still. Just the thought lol. They also sell helmets there though you would want to call and double check. They sell them out the ass so theyre not always in stock. They carry Protecs and Armors.

|

12/2/2013 9:13 PM

Yeah, I seriously need a helmet. I really don't do much without one, just jumps and drops, but nothing too exciting. Don't want my kids growing up with a veg for a dad, or some other schmuck that didn't have fun making them, haha.

|

12/3/2013 5:32 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Alright man. Yeah, at 6'0" and 250, you're a bigger guy. I'm 6'0", 265, and I was riding the G7 with no gussets ( internal, which to me is none at all) and had no problems. I don't grind, I have no time and there's nothing around me to grind anyway, but I do like to jump off random stuff when I have the chance, and went off my old roof when I was home alone. ( no point in doing that while getting in trouble by the wife, haha) I honestly think that you may notice the longer frame at first, but will have no problem adjusting to it. If you were a chihuahua sized kid, then maybe it would be a little harder to spin, but I really don't think you'll have an issue. With everything the same except the frame, the Soundwave is supposed to have shorter cs, but the axle bolt was at the end of the dropout on the G7, and it's mid dropout on the Sunday. Makes me wonder how much truth is in advertised cs length, haha. Also, my wife's old TT was 20.6, but she likes my longer 21.25" TT, so she's going to be riding the G7 come spring time. She's short.

lol all missourian. and that makes sense. sounds like it will work out but since ill be able to ride it before buying ill be able to decide for sure. also the helmets are 3 bucks but ive never been charged for them so yeeahh. hopefully you can make it! itll be fun!

|

Deviant BMX store