frame size and bar size

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2015 9:26 AM

Basically trying to figure out why my bike feels way to big on me. Alright so I know a decent amount of stuff about bikes but nothing about frame geometry. I'm riding a stock Fit Inman frame and it just feels weird especially because im only like 5'4 and am riding a 21". Idk if it's mainly because it's too big or it's just weird geometry .I found a fit wifi 20.25 for like $275 and was wondering if that would be too small. I was also wondering if my 8.75 bars are too tall too. Thanks

|

3/4/2015 9:31 AM

Id say its your frame,

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

3/4/2015 9:44 AM

21" is kinda long for 5'4. Try bringing your handlebars back close to you, that may close in the space and make your bike feel a little smaller. Idk how old you are but if you are still growing grab that 20.25 wifi for now if you can, and keep the 21". If you are still growing eventually you will find use for the 21"... Getting smaller bars and setting them back as mentioned earlier may be a cheaper option than buying a new bike. Good luck

|

3/4/2015 6:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2015 6:44 PM

Hey I am 5'3 and I was riding a 21 frame with 8.75 bars with topload stem and then I switched to a 20.6 frame and I noticed it's easier to spin and I case less and I am still using the 8.75 bars with 20.6 frame. 21 felt like I was stretched out a little too much. the 20.6 frame feels perfect for me for flowy riding. I rode a 20 frame last year and it felt way to small. For me I wouldn't go under 20.5 but that's my personal preference.

|