12/30/2013 12:58 PM

i cant find the specs for the fit aitken s2 anywhere any help

|

Fuck BMX

12/30/2013 1:02 PM

bmxmuseum

|

12/30/2013 1:35 PM

I've got one. It has a 21"tt and uses standard headset and an American BB. It weighs somewhere a little over six pounds. I can measure the chain stay and seat tube if you need me to.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/30/2013 4:20 PM

Couple people on bmxmuseum said it has an internal HS, 74.5 HTA, and 71 STA. Don't know about the BB height or chainstays.

|

12/30/2013 4:28 PM

from here

Mike Aitken Series 2
74.5° head angle/71° seat angle/13.75" chainstays
20", 20.5", 20.75", 21" T/T lengths available
True Temper premium-grade SuperTherm alloy steel tubing
Seatstay brake mounts
Laser-cut 4130 chromoly dropouts
Press fit bottom bracket (Mid)
Powdercoated finish
Made in USA
5 lb 10 oz
Compatible with integrated Campagnolo and FSA headsets

|

12/30/2013 6:02 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

from here

Mike Aitken Series 2
74.5° head angle/71° seat angle/13.75" chainstays
20", 20.5", 20.75", 21" T/T lengths available
True Temper premium-grade SuperTherm alloy steel tubing
Seatstay brake mounts
Laser-cut 4130 chromoly dropouts
Press fit bottom bracket (Mid)
Powdercoated finish
Made in USA
5 lb 10 oz
Compatible with integrated Campagnolo and FSA headsets

It's definitely not a mid. The bearings are in cups that press into the frame. The bearings are to big to fit into a mid frame with out the cups, is that called pro sized?

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/30/2013 6:04 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

It's definitely not a mid. The bearings are in cups that press into the frame. The bearings are to big to fit into a mid frame with out the cups, is that called pro sized?

its mid im running a shadow mid bb

|

Fuck BMX

12/30/2013 6:09 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I'm pretty sure the S2 came in a lot of variations cause I know someone who had one & theirs was a standard headset with a Euro BB. Go on BMX Museum & search the S2, there's multiple variations for them

|

12/30/2013 7:14 PM

The S2i Frame came with Integrated/Mid. The Original Series 2 was a Press Fit Head Tube & US Bottom Bracket. As a few people mentioned, there are a few variations. I Know there was a Press Fit/US B.B option & right before the S3 was introduced there was an Integrated/Mid set up & part of Me thinks & I'm really not 100% on this one, But... I believe there was an Integrated/US B.B option too.

|

12/30/2013 7:35 PM

This is my s2 back when I had it built up. You can see the standard headset and if you look closely in the last pic you can see the American bb. http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/Mean-people-suck,1289525

I am wondering why the bearings from my American BB don't fit a mid frame. Did American bearings used to be bigger or something?

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/30/2013 7:51 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

This is my s2 back when I had it built up. You can see the standard headset and if you look closely in the last pic you can see the American bb. http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/Mean-people-suck,1289525

I am wondering why the bearings from my American BB don't fit a mid frame. Did American bearings used to be bigger or something?

Do you know the brand of your BB?

|

12/30/2013 8:12 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I might be way off, but there's 2 types of American BB's & one uses Mid BB bearings, the other uses a size slightly different, but both still press into a cup that is the correct size for that type of bearing.

|

12/30/2013 8:53 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I might be way off, but there's 2 types of American BB's & one uses Mid BB bearings, the other uses a size slightly different, but both still press into a cup that is the correct size for that type of bearing.

That would make sense I guess. I just thought that American bb bearings could always be popped out and used in a mid frame.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling