frame standover height advice

Related:
Create New Tag

9/21/2016 4:24 AM

Hi, I used to ride bmx a few years ago but as I got a bit older I gave it up.

Beginning of this year I decided to get back into it and I'm loving it just like I used to! But a lot has changed since I last rode and I don't really know much about the parts any more, just to give you an idea of when I lost rode, Fiend bmx did exist, Garret Reynolds still had long black hair and Cult bmx was in its very very early stages.

I just want a little bit of advice on some frames in particular, the Fly Tierra frame was the lowest in the market when I was riding and anlthough I know you can still get hold of these, I don't really know of any others, the trend is high frames and 4 pegs now. That's not my style, I like to flow around and I'm not massive on tricks.

If someone could tell me about some fairly low standover height frames and any other parts you think might be beneficial to me, that would be great. Please don't comment telling me I need a high frame and four pegs and have to do over grinds to hard 180 because im not interested, just want to stick to what I know smilesmilesmile

Thanks!

|

9/21/2016 5:16 AM

Check out the mutiny frames, they're awesome. But unfortunately, as high stand over is a fashion right now, that tends to be the majority of what's about.

Total frames generally have a pretty low stand over. I'm personally not a fan of them though. No real reason, I just don't like the image

|

9/21/2016 5:21 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Check out the mutiny frames, they're awesome. But unfortunately, as high stand over is a fashion right now, that tends to be ...more

Thanks Grumpy!!

Yeah I kind of guessed that whatever is in fashion/trending at the moment will be what everyone is doing. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against that style, Dak has always been a favourite of mine and others such as Churchill and Reynolds are unreal! But its just not for me!

Any particular Mutiny frames? I noticed the total frames actually! I've just been looking at those!

|

9/21/2016 6:08 AM

krishullbmx wrote:

Thanks Grumpy!!

Yeah I kind of guessed that whatever is in fashion/trending at the moment will be what everyone is doing. ...more

check out the conjurer. mat roe rips and I believe thats the lowest of the mutiny frames

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

9/21/2016 6:11 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Check out the mutiny frames, they're awesome. But unfortunately, as high stand over is a fashion right now, that tends to be ...more

krishullbmx wrote:

Thanks Grumpy!!

Yeah I kind of guessed that whatever is in fashion/trending at the moment will be what everyone is doing. ...more

bmxfromma wrote:

check out the conjurer. mat roe rips and I believe thats the lowest of the mutiny frames

YES!!!!! Roey is a sick guy!
I'll deffo have a look, thanks man!

|

9/21/2016 6:44 AM

If you're interested, a friend is selling his Total Hangover H1 in 21 that has a very low SO (7.3" to be exact). Most of the Total frames have very low SO height and so does the Colony Sweet Tooth. If u browse thru Dans Comp you'll see a lot of options and you can usually tell just by eye if it has a low or high SO and should help you in finding something you like.

|

9/21/2016 6:56 AM

Sean_Goff wrote:

If you're interested, a friend is selling his Total Hangover H1 in 21 that has a very low SO (7.3" to be exact). Most of the ...more

I actually had a look at the hangover, looks pretty cool to me, however I think the 21 might be a little too long for me, probabaly would of gone for the 20.4 or 20.6!
What colour is it?

Yeah thanks man, I'll have a look at those! You can tell by eye, but I think sometimes if its just a picture of the frame on its own and its not been built up, it can be a little deceiving!

|

9/21/2016 7:18 AM

Honestly a low stand over hurts flowing around. My frame is 8.6 and I like it as much as my 9. It helps keep you more stable. Hell look at any trails/bowl frames and stand over has gotten higher and for a good reason. Low stand over are for scooter riders so throw quad tail whips. If you want something to flow around on and just go fast look at the fbm steadfast or a t1 barcode.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

9/21/2016 7:22 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Honestly a low stand over hurts flowing around. My frame is 8.6 and I like it as much as my 9. It helps keep you more stable. ...more

I used to ride a Tierra back in the day, I loved it! Just want to return to something like that again!

|

9/21/2016 8:26 AM

Yeah Total BMX would be the first ones to pop into my head. Hyper frames are pretty low stand over too.

If you want a complete with a low stand over to get you back up and running Wethepeople have new low stand over option for 2017 that looks great http://wethepeoplebmx.de/versus/

|

9/21/2016 8:37 AM

I'd go custom.

S&m has a low standover frame called the dagger

|

It’s all bmx

9/21/2016 8:42 AM

U.P.O. wrote:

Yeah Total BMX would be the first ones to pop into my head. Hyper frames are pretty low stand over too.

If you want a ...more

I would be looking at going custom!!!!

|

9/21/2016 8:43 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

I'd go custom.

S&m has a low standover frame called the dagger

Sick! I'll have a look!

|