frames and kickflips

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2013 2:00 PM

so im trying to get a new frame soon with a short back end, say 13" slammed, and i was wondering if the chainstays are to short will it make my feet hit my peg if my shoes are to big? And does any kickflipers have tips on hop kickflips? i can do them really easy just rolling along and im pretty close to getting them on hops, but im just having trouble finding my pedals.

|

shit

8/11/2013 2:03 PM

sorry if the feet question is stupid. and do any of you know when or if the federal chiller frame will be in the us?

|

shit

8/11/2013 2:39 PM

kickflips, never heard of them... do you mean tailwhips?.

|

Bruh

8/11/2013 2:40 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

kickflips, never heard of them... do you mean tailwhips?.

i think he means crankflips

|

8/11/2013 2:43 PM

please call them cfrankflips? kickflip is a skateboard trick. I'm not very good at them though so I can't help. as for chainstay, I ride a btm(13.1-13.5), with 25/9 which puts my wheel at 13.19. I have size 12 shoes and 175mm cranks. I have 0 issues with my feet hitting. just tilt your back foot so your heel is a tad over the peg and your toes point down towards the ground a bit

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/11/2013 2:44 PM

lol everyone here calls them kickflips.

|

shit

8/11/2013 2:51 PM

and also this fucker who i hang out with is starting to make these dumbass random farting noises. i tell the bitch to stop all the time and he wont. wut do i do?

|

shit

8/11/2013 2:57 PM

1. Yes with a 13 inch cs frame your foot will hit the peg. Mine doesn't because I have female axles and I'm pegless.
2. Don't call them kickflips, that's a stupid fucking term, that's a skateboard trick. They're called crank flips.
3. Ride with people over the age of 12.
4. Hop can kick your cranks around practice them just rolling slow first.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/11/2013 3:00 PM

evandavisbmxer778 wrote:

and also this fucker who i hang out with is starting to make these dumbass random farting noises. i tell the bitch to stop all the time and he wont. wut do i do?

deal with it or punch him or stop hanging out with him

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/11/2013 3:14 PM

Four wrote:

1. Yes with a 13 inch cs frame your foot will hit the peg. Mine doesn't because I have female axles and I'm pegless.
2. Don't call them kickflips, that's a stupid fucking term, that's a skateboard trick. They're called crank flips.

sorry for using a term that every bmx rider in my general area has used ever since they learned "crankflips".

|

shit

8/11/2013 3:18 PM

Nigga u gay.

But for real just catch with ur front foot first ya nut

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

8/11/2013 3:22 PM

evandavisbmxer778 wrote:

sorry for using a term that every bmx rider in my general area has used ever since they learned "crankflips".

ive never heard anyone call them kickflips

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/11/2013 3:39 PM

Four wrote:

evandavisbmxer778 wrote:

handlebar-to-face wrote:

really? damn. i must live in some weird place. literally EVERYONE here calls them kickflips. also, adam22 called them kickflips in his tutorial.

|

shit

8/11/2013 3:40 PM

SickDude wrote:

Nigga u gay.

ive caught em with my front foot a few times but..ya know.

|

shit

8/11/2013 3:51 PM

Call them kickflips if you want.People do busdrivers and dare say they do barspins and people do pedal grinds and dare call them crankslides,so if you want to call them kickflips call em that and fuck whoever tells you different.To me they're crankflips and/or kickflips.I just don't give 3 flying fucks about who gets mad at it...

|

8/11/2013 4:05 PM

Papi Dan wrote:

Call them kickflips if you want.People do busdrivers and dare say they do barspins and people do pedal grinds and dare call them crankslides,so if you want to call them kickflips call em that and fuck whoever tells you different.To me they're crankflips and/or kickflips.I just don't give 3 flying fucks about who gets mad at it...

fuck yeah. thats the way to think.

|

shit

8/11/2013 4:50 PM

evandavisbmxer778 wrote:

Nobody called them kickflips until that tutorial came out, they're crankflips only kids call them kickflips.

|

8/11/2013 5:59 PM

Four wrote:

evandavisbmxer778 wrote:

Four wrote:

Nobody called them kickflips until that tutorial came out, they're crankflips only kids call them kickflips.

im only 15, so technically i am still a kid. therefore, i will call them kickflips.

|

shit

8/11/2013 6:13 PM

Ehh i have heard both terms. Crank flips is the proper term. Kickflips is what you call them when you wanna make sense to a skateboarding community because from what i have seen they are at the same difficulty level. I dont do crank flips because my chain is always pretty tight. I have done them but i dont really like them.. lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/11/2013 7:13 PM

Kick flip is basically and ET but your feet come off. So a forwards crank flip, I think Steve Hamilton does them.

Anyways, if you have a bigger foot than size 9 your most likely gonna hit but you'll adjust.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/11/2013 9:57 PM

SickDude wrote:

Nigga u gay.

cant stress this enough this will make crankflips a less horrifying experience

|

8/11/2013 10:00 PM

evandavisbmxer778 wrote:

really? damn. i must live in some weird place. literally EVERYONE here calls them kickflips. also, adam22 called them kickflips in his tutorial.

theres really no kicking part its sort of a ... push flip or something

|

8/11/2013 11:45 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Ehh i have heard both terms. Crank flips is the proper term. Kickflips is what you call them when you wanna make sense to a skateboarding community because from what i have seen they are at the same difficulty level. I dont do crank flips because my chain is always pretty tight. I have done them but i dont really like them.. lol

Well that's exactly what my case is,I ride with skaters 90% of the times at least.I even do crankslides as sideways as I can probably letting myself at it judging as how skaters do boardslides

|

8/11/2013 11:51 PM

chad88 wrote:

theres really no kicking part its sort of a ... push flip or something

I kick mine. I cup the ball in my foot right below my toes at the tip of my pedal with my right foot (forward foot) and just kick backwards.

|

8/12/2013 7:21 AM

evandavisbmxer778 wrote:

just coz adam22 calls them that, doesnt mean thats fact, hes just tryin to be some black guy ganster

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

8/12/2013 10:24 AM

evandavisbmxer778 wrote:

im only 15, so technically i am still a kid. therefore, i will call them kickflips.

Go for it, you're the one who will look like a bmxvirgin.

|

8/12/2013 10:27 AM

Four wrote:

evandavisbmxer778 wrote:

handlebar-to-face wrote:

kickflips are when you kick them forward, crankflips are where you kick them backwards

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/12/2013 10:57 AM

When I do hop kick flips (yes I call them that too) I try to point my front pedal/shoe down a bit. That way I cup my pedal more, then just kick back and up I guess. My feet don't move too much so it's easy for me to find my pedals

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/12/2013 10:59 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I kick mine. I cup the ball in my foot right below my toes at the tip of my pedal with my right foot (forward foot) and just kick backwards.

a kick is generaly a foward motion with your foot thats more of like a flick or something idk what to call it

|

8/12/2013 11:05 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

evandavisbmxer778 wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

just coz adam22 calls them that, doesnt mean thats fact, hes just tryin to be some black guy ganster

My friend who's been riding almost as long as some people on here have been alive occasionally calls them kickflips. It's an oldschool term and I recall years ago him calling them kickflips before Adam22's video came out

|