frames frames frames

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2015 8:52 PM

ok so recently iv been looking at frames but i don't just want to buy a frame the people say that is the lightest or strongest or coolest i want to buy something that i like. Something that looks really fucking good, decently light and is still strong. like i said iv been looking at bikes with the frames and with each and every different frame out there some look good and some look really shitty... heres some picsPhoto

Photo

The 2 pics above of the bikes i just don't like the way it looks. like does it have to do anything with sizing? or specs?Photo

Photo

Photo

Then these 3 bikes above me look really nice. still is it the frame and the specs of it or what. I'm looking for a frame that makes my bike look good like that. any help me out if you guys can.. thanks

|

8/24/2015 8:59 PM

Yo, the 3 you like have their own thing going on. They look cool. The first one is pretty cookie cutter common no personality. The second one I guess is one of those objective things. Some may or may not like it.

Check out the WTP Irish frame.

|

Everyday is a gift!

BMX PATRIOT

BMX Donation Program
NORTHEAST CHAPTER of the MIDWEST BMX DONATION PROGRAM IS IN NEED OF YOUR USED BMX BIKES and PARTS.
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!

8/24/2015 9:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2015 9:45 PM

I'm loving my MacNeil default frame lately id reccamend looking into one

|

8/24/2015 10:11 PM

I'm not really sure where your going with this post. Do you not like the geometry/look of the frames or the color scheme/style of the bike?

Buy your bike in pieces.... So you get to pick single one.

|

8/24/2015 10:45 PM

All I can tell from the pics is you don't like black frames. Get a chrome or bright coloured frame then have one (or no more than two) other colours that aren't as bright for the rest of the parts.

|

8/25/2015 3:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2015 5:30 AM

I think you like longer seat tubes and a bit shorter chainstays. The seat tubes on the first two picture look shorter compared to the others (especially the chrome one). That's fine, I like longer seat tubes too, short ones have always looked weird to me. Recently, most frames have long seat tubes and a short cs so you should be ok. I have a chrome Fit Wifi right now and I love it.

|

8/25/2015 5:00 AM

Chrome is awesome, and then you pick an accent color and have rims hubs stem and sprocket match, and grips as close as you can.

That's what I did. I actually wanted blue, not red, but at the time, there wasn't enough matching blue available where I got my stuff.

Photo

Now I have chrome rims on it, and front brakes too. My fork is raw (didn't have $$ for a chrome one) as well. When I am not too lazy I am swapping out my sprocket for my black S&M Tuffman, and the stem for my ORIGINAL Shadow Topload that I have had for around 9-10 years.

Photo

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/25/2015 7:51 AM

Forget the way it looks. Go for one with the geometry you like. At least most of the time it will come in Raw or Black. Most of the new frames comes with 9" standover, 13.5 or less chain stay, 75 deg headtube. I'd try to stay around those numbers if possible but that's just my opinion.

8.5 standover, 74.5 headtube, 13.75 CS seems is 2011-2013 old unless you're a hardcore trails/park rider

|

Back into BMX after 17 years. I just want to learn how to manual dammit!

2012 Fit WiFi Custom

8/25/2015 8:05 AM

Nice bike Dave L.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

8/25/2015 8:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2015 8:17 AM

whocares wrote:

Forget the way it looks. Go for one with the geometry you like. At least most of the time it will come in Raw or Black. Most ...more

This, also if money is no concern, why not rind things you like about your current setup and then have a custom frame made?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/25/2015 8:37 AM

GO LAIRD FRAMES ALL THE WAAAYYY!!!!

|

8/25/2015 7:31 PM

crazy lol the chrome one with gum is my bike haha and the frame im on is a fit wifi im pretty sure you can just look up the specs

|

8/25/2015 8:06 PM

Silentman_Man wrote:

crazy lol the chrome one with gum is my bike haha and the frame im on is a fit wifi im pretty sure you can just look up the ...more

Yea haha sorry to just copy the pic but i really liked the setup of you bike and how it looked. nice bike dude. just wanted to show thats how i love my bikes to look

|

8/25/2015 8:12 PM

billyhandyjunior wrote:

Yo, the 3 you like have their own thing going on. They look cool. The first one is pretty cookie cutter common no personality. ...more

What do you mean by the cookie cutter style. what is it

|

8/25/2015 8:14 PM

Nwewinit wrote:

I'm not really sure where your going with this post. Do you not like the geometry/look of the frames or the color scheme/style ...more

Yea i have all custom. i like most my parts just looking to get a new frame soon so just getting info

|

8/26/2015 5:26 AM

billyhandyjunior wrote:

Yo, the 3 you like have their own thing going on. They look cool. The first one is pretty cookie cutter common no personality. ...more

bmxChuck wrote:

What do you mean by the cookie cutter style. what is it

He means a ton of people have the same looking bike and it doesn't really stand out in any way. A lot of completes look very similar too.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/26/2015 8:34 AM

All the completes in a shop would look the same at first glance if you sprayed all of em black.

It seems you don't like tan walls too.

Why don't you paint your own bike when it cracks? That way, you can 'choose' the next color of your frame!

|

8/26/2015 8:07 PM

Skylight wrote:

All the completes in a shop would look the same at first glance if you sprayed all of em black.

It seems you don't like tan ...more

Its not that i don't like tan wall tires or black frames its just the frame. some frames change the way a bike looks to me

|

8/26/2015 10:29 PM

Black bikes ftw.

|