freecoaster

Related:
Create New Tag

3/20/2016 7:34 PM

Is there any way i can make my cranks more stable on my demolition coaster because i hate the slack when i try to barspin and it really puts me off

|

3/20/2016 7:51 PM

If you hate the slack the coaster probably isn't for you. And yeah I suck at bars on a coaster.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/20/2016 7:57 PM

Four wrote:

If you hate the slack the coaster probably isn't for you. And yeah I suck at bars on a coaster.

I mean its good but it just puts me off on bars thats all

|

3/20/2016 8:10 PM

I feel ya its just the exact opposite for me haha. Cassettes feel weird for me cuz im not used to the instant engagement so that crank of pedal pressure feels super weird to me when im used to that slack just being there.

|

3/20/2016 11:09 PM

Get a bigger front sprocket I run 30 9 with a demolition coaster and their is noticeably quite a bit less slack

|

3/21/2016 1:26 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Get a bigger front sprocket I run 30 9 with a demolition coaster and their is noticeably quite a bit less slack

Yeah then it kills the whole freecoaster concept, because it's weird to ride a tiny slack on a coaster, you can do basic half cabs and stuff but not the most interresing things to do like big fakie hops (on stairs) because your feet move forward alot while doing it, so you'll have to backpedal like a cassette with a tiny slack at the landing to re-disengage the hub.
And if you do 180 gaps, the last thing you want to happen is a "surprise engagement" at the landing, with a cassette, you know you gonna have to backpedal, with a coaster you expect to not backpedal, so this surprise engagement can be really bad.

Today I swear by coasters (with max slack) because they make my riding super fun, I still got a cassette wheel but I'm bored when I ride with.

But at first freecoasters are weird, like if you have you fakies dialed with a cassette, and just turn around in backward circles, plus the slack... Keep it for a month, the first two weeks of riding are always weird.

|