freecoaster help

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2013 1:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2013 1:37 PM

hey guys whats up. I decided to get a freecoaster for a lot reasons some of them were like as soon as i find a nice street spot i get kicked out for them hearing my cassette, also i rode my friends freecoaster on some trails and i just love the sound going through the trails with no noise and I wanna try something new. from what i have heard the erza and alienation and the khe are pretty nice. So some of my concerns were how is the maintence?oh and i ride with pegs and ride 30% park 30% street and 40%dirt. thanks guys

|

just huck it

10/25/2013 2:05 PM

maintenance consists mainly of greasing and adding slack washer when necessary those models are all pretty identical..i have the stolen easy street and it's also pretty easy to maintain just take it apart and make sure there is no grease

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

10/25/2013 2:37 PM

New freecoasters seem all really good , as I want one and have researched them tongue From what I know , just grease it every 1-2 months.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/25/2013 3:15 PM

now my problem is i remebered i need a 3/8 free coaster :/ anyone know where i can get one?

|

just huck it

10/25/2013 4:30 PM

Reed Reynolds wrote:

now my problem is i remebered i need a 3/8 free coaster :/ anyone know where i can get one?

Get a female Cult Match coaster and cut off the extra 14mm axle and just use the bolts directly into the hub.

|

10/25/2013 5:52 PM

Freecoaster for trails? Hummmm.. lol. I would suggest just silencing a cassette.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/25/2013 5:55 PM

Honestly it sounds like you only want it for no noise. A while back I silenced a cassette. Ungreased the pawls, dried them, used some SUPER SUPER SUPER glue and glued pieces of rubber bands to the top of my pawls. Once fully dry, I regreased them And put everything back together. Was completely noise free and never had a problem.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/25/2013 6:01 PM

Reed Reynolds wrote:

See if a mail order can get you this hub http://www.khebikes.com/2013/greyhound-flat-p-1529.html

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|