freecoaster or cassette?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2008 1:50 AM

i'm thinking about buying a freecoaster, either the federal or the khe reverse.

i heard that freecoasters break alot and they need to kept really clean or they lock up...

does anyone have any advice on freecoasters?

i was wondering if one would be good for me, im a big guy, who rides alot of park, some street, and the occasional trails...

|

2/28/2008 3:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2008 3:03 AM

ya i had the federal and there fucking wank the bearings in the driver went after to weeks of riding i would seriously just stick with the cassette. but they are awesome wen they do actually work!!!

|

2/29/2008 11:25 AM

Nooooooooo.
Dont get any FC.
They breaks a lot.
:/

|

2/29/2008 12:10 PM

dude
get a khe geisha.. or reverse

|

2/29/2008 12:14 PM

i had the greisha its fun until u strip shit and just get a federal or a reverse

|

2/29/2008 12:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/29/2008 12:49 PM

What ever floats your boat man its just personal preferance if u have a buddy who has one try it out and see if you like it better than a cassette

|

2/29/2008 12:52 PM

i have a federal FC and i love it, ya u gotta replace the bearing and clean it a lot, but over all its pretty solid. But it all depends on what u want, every one is gonna have different opinions its all up to u

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

2/29/2008 1:01 PM

i ride the federal, ridin o blownen driver bearings right now, they do need alot of matinence, but once you get used to it it's worth it, i also depeds on ur style, like i ride street and a little park, but like if your mostly park and trails id stick w/ a cassete, its not real fun on trails cause u cant get a bitch crank in between sets if u need it

|

throw bars all day

(oh and in case you were wondering 24.5")

3/1/2008 9:24 PM

I have the KHE Geisha, i have had it for over a year now, i dont understand what people do to their freecoasters to break them, i have never once oiled mine, or cleaned it out. never even opened it up (scared i would break it). The only reason i got the freecoster was because it was the hot new thing. i was building a new rim set and saw it on danscomp and said hell ya i want that. If you do go with the free coaster you give up alot. Like you have to deal with the slack that the cassettes dont have, but once you get used to it its not bad. On the other hand you can learn to do more tricks, you dont have to pedal to fakie, and you can pretend that you bike is broken when you are able to spin your wheel in either direction, and it attracts bikers to you, they see it and instantly want to test it out. (its funny). Its all about what you want. Dont let other people choose whats on your bike.

|

3/1/2008 9:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2008 9:29 PM

Cassete For sure. KHE Sucks. mine broke and barely used it. AND i did maintain it properly like cleaning it with the right stuff and adjusting it properly. Oh also i dont like how it feels soft when it engages. People who have a freecoaster, you know what i mean.

|

Dude I Totally Want That

3/1/2008 9:32 PM

just stick with cassette and learn to roll out like a real man. i start to hate watching all this freecoaster stuff. and its stupid cause they will eventualyl break on you sometime during your owning process of one. i rode some kids goes like 10 feet than shits out and starts pedaling backwards. their ok to mess around but its kinda stupid to have one and probably that you need a freecoaster just to roll out, thats pretty much why i think half these people buy one cause they cant roll out or dont want to learn how to with a cassette hub.

|

3/1/2008 10:14 PM

joe rides bicycles wrote:

just stick with cassette and learn to roll out like a real man. i start to hate watching all this freecoaster stuff. and its ...more

Hahaha bro u make me laugh... i can roll out just fine with a cassette, but i just chose to get a freecoaster cause u have a lot more possibilities with one. its all just what u want

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

3/2/2008 7:08 AM

just stick with cassette and learn to roll out like a real man. i start to hate watching all this freecoaster stuff. and its ...more

learn to roll out like a real man? wtf does riding fakie have to do with being a man. why dont you learn to roll backwards and mach 10 with a freecoaster. you can roll way faster backwards with a free coaster cuz u can only back pedal so fast. isnt it manly to go fast?

|

3/2/2008 7:14 AM

i find it unneccasry to have the need to roll out for a long time. but thats just me. im not too crazy on the idea lets have a freecoaster and lets roll out for long periods of time. i rather ride cassette and learn different things than just to roll out and do roll out tricks with a freecoaster

|

3/2/2008 7:57 AM

yeahhh man.. dont get pissed at people who have a freecoaster.... they can rollout just like u dude.. they just bought it cuz they thought it would be cool or cuz they like riding smooth like karl poynter,etc..

chill dude

|

3/2/2008 7:59 AM

a friend of mine has the reverse, and has had no problems with it.

|

eat. sleep. ride.

3/2/2008 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2008 8:18 AM

ive had the reverse since it came out nothings gone wrong and it still run perfected so ild get it if i was u i also wanted 2 say if ura heavyduty beast and arnt a smooth rider then yer stick with a cassette coz they handle more abuse also bout the matanaces thats bs

|

3/2/2008 5:00 PM

I have both and just swap to the freecoaster when Im bored. I actually have the version 1 odyssey F/C. I love it. never had a problem.

|

I was on a F/c long before it was cool.

3/2/2008 5:23 PM

i have both a complete wheel with an odyssey cassette and one with a KHE reverse freecoaster i only use the odyssey when i ride some dirt but ive had the khe for 2 months and ive never had a problem with it and it all depends on what you ride if its mostly park or street go with the freecoaster it completly kicks ass but if not just go with a cassette

|

I burn skateboards

3/2/2008 8:24 PM

Freecoasters generally tend to break easier if your a rough rider, and you do have to maintain them to keep them running strong. If you run RHD, I strongly suggest getting a Nankai TechnoLite freecoaster. Sure, its unsealed, but the unsealed bearings have more room to move, thus making it possible to handle the axial(side to side) pressure that a sealed bearing coaster cant. Plus, the Nankai has upgrades, unlike sealed bearing coasters. You can get a Profile shell for it, a Ti axle, a 9t driver, and a sweet looking decoration cap for the non drive side that acts somewhat like a hub guard!

|

REFS: trickbiker169, Dah Man, letstartariot, Hofmann Scarab

3/4/2008 4:32 PM

i got the reverse and you dont have to touch it mine is so dailed in the only thing bad there is clicking i love that sound

|

3/4/2008 4:56 PM

I do know how to roll out like a "real man"...

its kinda gay when people get on forums and say stuff like that, and stuff like indians and legit ...

|

3/5/2008 2:43 PM

what the hell's an indian??( not the ones on the movies right?).. legit??

|

3/5/2008 3:08 PM

I have a Freecoaster but before that i had an odyssey cassette, i only bought the freecoaster because the odyssey was shittin out on me. but after i got the freecoaster i fixed it and rode that for a while and honestly i dont need a freecoaster because i can roll farther with a cassette. and im pretty sure that most hubs will eventually break when you ride them even cassettes. o and one last thing he probably had to pedal backwards everytime because he had to many spacers and not enough slack in it or he just pedaled a bit to far foreward and it cought

|

I burn skateboards

3/5/2008 3:15 PM

i find it unneccasry to have the need to roll out for a long time. but thats just me. im not too crazy on the idea lets have a ...more

No one ever said it was nescessary to roll out for a log tome and you dont just learn roll out tricks with a freecoaster you can learn other things too so dont talk shit about something you dont ride

|

I burn skateboards

6/29/2009 12:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2009 1:06 AM

fitpark08 wrote:

ya i had the federal and there fucking wank the bearings in the driver went after to weeks of riding i would seriously just ...more

fuck u man.go eat shit.fc rules.if u know how to ride a freecoaster it wont break.they wont lock if u stop riding trails.

|

11/7/2014 2:33 PM

stay with cassette frecosters break a lot plus wen you'r in the air you can here you'r clicking sounds cool

|

11/7/2014 2:40 PM

caleb.crookes wrote:

stay with cassette frecosters break a lot plus wen you'r in the air you can here you'r clicking sounds cool

1. don't bump threads that are 5 years old, people get mad
2. freecoasters last if you aren't a retard, i havent blown a bearing in over 2.5 years of riding coasters

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/7/2014 2:45 PM

caleb.crookes wrote:

Photo
|

11/7/2014 2:59 PM

caleb.crookes wrote:

Thx 4 ur input

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine