freecoaster question?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2011 6:32 PM

local people keep telling me that the federal freecoasteri purchased is gunna need constant repair and maintnance, is this true? if so whts gunna need to be replaced andor maintained?

|

5/24/2011 6:32 PM

and should i keep a cassete as a spare?

|

5/24/2011 6:35 PM

ive heard freecoasters r trouble, idk tho

|

5/24/2011 6:36 PM

animal3 wrote:

ive heard freecoasters r trouble, idk tho

me too, iv heard they need more maintainance than cassettes, more greasing, and pegs arnt a great idea, but thats all hearsay, iv never had experience of one. just take care of the thing and im sure ul be fine

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

5/24/2011 6:38 PM

i dont grind so i guess im good,

|

5/24/2011 6:38 PM

everything needs maitince, some more then other. just run it, get problems take it to your LBS and have them repair it.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/24/2011 6:40 PM

^ word, what i was thinking

|

5/24/2011 7:50 PM

It mainly just blows out bearings I won't ride one again

|

5/24/2011 7:53 PM

i dont ride very hard and im only 93 pounds so i think ill be ok

|

5/24/2011 7:55 PM

get a khe reverse regrease it every couple months and your perfectly fine nothing will break its just as strong as a cassette for other brands and types of freecoasters i cant talk for but never had 1 problem with my khe reverse

|

Refs. Harry 95/ BLRBMX/ WTP 4 ever/C@RT3R

5/24/2011 7:55 PM

keep an extra set of bearings around for if you crush them and grease it once a month for good measure. freecoasters aren't all that much maintenance but if you let them the problems can pile up quickly.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

5/24/2011 7:58 PM

thnxfor the help guys

|

5/24/2011 7:59 PM

jacob_the_bmxr wrote:

thnxfor the help guys

no prob
stick with khe they make one of the best

|

5/24/2011 8:00 PM

JECBMX wrote:

get a khe reverse regrease it every couple months and your perfectly fine nothing will break its just as strong as a cassette for other brands and types of freecoasters i cant talk for but never had 1 problem with my khe reverse

they are all the same internals, khe, federal, alienation all use the same clutch system.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

5/24/2011 8:04 PM

Take it from me I used to run a free coaster then my bike got stolen. Free coasters do {{{{NOT}}}} NEED the constant lubing, its more a suggestion. They can take one hell of a beating I would ride Arizona dirt and anyone who lives here knows what i'm talking about that shit gets everywhere also i ran pegs with no hub guard and i had it for almost a year and it still ran fine. you don't listen to what they all say grease it once every 1-3 months and you'll be fine.

|

I ride Eastern and i love it.
"the best way to get good is to just enjoy riding ever time u do it dont get pissed when u cant pull something first try"

5/24/2011 8:04 PM

JECBMX wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

they are all the same internals, khe, federal, alienation all use the same clutch system.

^ this is true
stay away from stolen so ive heard

|