freecoaster vs cassette

Related:
Create New Tag

6/24/2013 2:03 PM

is a freecoaster better then a cassette for street and park?

|

6/24/2013 2:09 PM

Actually depends on your style. If you are a streetey park rider then a coaster would be fine, but with going big, i find them a bit scary due to the slack. But it has been done. I have rode both for street and park. I like cassette for legit park, like going big, because slack makes it scary. But for street i prefer freecoaster because all the options and how much fun i can have with it! haha but for now, i ride a cassette, but not for long, i shall have a new bearing for my odyssey coaster soon! haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/24/2013 2:14 PM

is the slack hard to get used to?

|

6/24/2013 2:17 PM

spencer.bmx365 wrote:

is the slack hard to get used to?

Not so much to get used to really, but for park i find it a bit scary to be going fast in a bowl and have to re-engage it with 1/4 crank of slack and all. Once you get really used to riding park with it its not so bad really, but i dont really like it. for park, a cassette, for streetey park coaster, for tech street coaster, for speed street, either. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/24/2013 2:38 PM

Slack is fucking annoying sometimes! I think its a must for Flatland, however for park i really don't think they're needed. Certain styles of street however they open so many doors & = even more fun!!

|

6/24/2013 4:46 PM

with a freecoaster you can't use pedal pressure, and I just think cassette is the norm while freecoaster is just an extra sort of thing.

|

6/24/2013 5:15 PM

I have both and right now I mainly ride the coaster since I only recently got one after many years of riding. After 2 or 3 days the slack felt normal. I'm actually better at fakies on cassette now that I'm used to the coaster. If u like doing 180s or anything u have to fakie out of then its for u. Otherwise a cassette is more comfortable

|

6/24/2013 5:20 PM

no.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/24/2013 6:11 PM

Cassette only free coasters are just no in my opinion, if you have a free coaster you gotta do ballsy shit to get my attention

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.