freecoasters

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2011 9:10 AM

ok i currently do not ride a freecoaster
i can fakie about 20 or so feet before i have to turn out
is it easier to fakie with a freecoaster or no?

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

4/28/2011 9:12 AM

yes it makes it much easier to fakie... get one

|

Get off your little kid bikes and get a CRUISER!

4/28/2011 9:14 AM

its harder to fakie. get one.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

4/28/2011 9:14 AM

CALE wrote:

yes it makes it much easier to fakie... get one

do you have a recomendation of what kind so far all ive seen are federal freecoasters

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 9:16 AM

i have the KHE Geisha light and its pretty good. get the KHE Astern

|

4/28/2011 9:18 AM

what kind is the best i heard alot of them are pretty shitty and you got to get them dialed alot

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 9:19 AM

I'm pretty sure every freecoaster out right now has KHE internals. so, any one will probably work. i'd suggest the alienation one because you can adjust the slack without taking it apart or unlacing it.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/28/2011 9:20 AM

Dont get a freecoaster.......

|

4/28/2011 9:21 AM

Spenlard wrote:

I'm pretty sure every freecoaster out right now has KHE internals. so, any one will probably work. i'd suggest the alienation one because you can adjust the slack without taking it apart or unlacing it.

alright good to know thanks dude
does g sport have a freecoaster?

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 9:22 AM

CARL wrote:

whats wrong with getting a freecoaster

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 9:23 AM

people just think its cheating... but get any of the ones with the externally ajustable slack... and no gsport doesnt have one... YET

|

4/28/2011 9:24 AM

bricerbmx wrote:

high maintenance, easier to break (either through destroying parts or not taking care), they engage slowly when you pedal, and rolling backwards with one is harder than a cassette (at least for me) cuz i find back pedaling balances me out.

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

4/28/2011 9:25 AM

too bad all of you live in the states lol really getting lonely riding by myself everyday

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 9:27 AM

bricerbmx wrote:

too bad all of you live in the states lol really getting lonely riding by myself everyday

dude just find some people who ride bmx near you on facebook. i've done it before and came out with a pretty good friend haha.
Gsport actually might be coming out with one soon. i'd look into it if i were you.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

CARL wrote:

bricerbmx wrote:

Chris_Pendlebury wrote:

high maintenance, easier to break (either through destroying parts or not taking care), they engage slowly when you pedal, and rolling backwards with one is harder than a cassette (at least for me) cuz i find back pedaling balances me out.

ye ive heard that from one of my buddys honestly i dont really need one i just want one to see how amazing they are everyone says there great but not too get one and that really makes no sense to me lol

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

CARL wrote:

bricerbmx wrote:

i have friends who had freecoasters and they changed back after a month or two.

Fakies will be harder since you have to relearn them.

|

4/28/2011 9:29 AM

bricerbmx wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

dude just find some people who ride bmx near you on facebook. i've done it before and came out with a pretty good friend haha.
Gsport actually might be coming out with one soon. i'd look into it if i were you.

ye ive tried but there all kids and they say im too good and it feels weird riding with little kids well like 14 year olds lol

and i deff will man do you mind if i add you you seem to know whats good lol

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 9:31 AM

CARL wrote:

bricerbmx wrote:

CARL wrote:

i have friends who had freecoasters and they changed back after a month or two.

Fakies will be harder since you have to relearn them.

well ive kind of been practiceing it i just take my chain off and its not that hard its mostly the balancing part that takes some getting used to

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 9:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2011 9:32 AM

bricerbmx wrote:

ye ive tried but there all kids and they say im too good and it feels weird riding with little kids well like 14 year olds lol

yeah sure haha cool
try putting 2 pegs on the back and standing on them when you ride fakie it's the closest thing to a freecoaster you'll get without actually having one. chainless riding is not even close to an ACTUAL freecoaster, you just don't have to pedal back.\
and fatter tires might help you keep balance better.

|

4/28/2011 9:36 AM

Spenlard wrote:

bricerbmx wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

yeah sure haha cool
try putting 2 pegs on the back and standing on them when you ride fakie it's the closest thing to a freecoaster you'll get without actually having one. chainless riding is not even close to an ACTUAL freecoaster, you just don't have to pedal back.\

o really well ive got a 2.125 in the back and a 1.95 in the front
and i will give the peg thing a try
ive gotta say this site is fucking amazing ive had it like less than a week and ive learned so much lol

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 9:44 AM

bricerbmx wrote:

ive gotta say this site is fucking amazing ive had it like less than a week and ive learned so much lol

change those around now.

from the sounds of it you have aitkens, and the knobby one 1.125, goes in front and the 1.95 goes in back

bigger tire goes in front

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

4/28/2011 9:48 AM

Spenlard wrote:

yeah sure haha cool

bricerbmx wrote:

Warchol2 wrote:

change those around now.

from the sounds of it you have aitkens, and the knobby one 1.125, goes in front and the 1.95 goes in back

nope actually ive got maxis tires ive been riding maxis forever and they are great
what difference does it make which tire goes in front?

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 10:03 AM

bricerbmx wrote:

nope actually ive got maxis tires ive been riding maxis forever and they are great

Big tire goes in the front little one goes in the back.

|

4/28/2011 10:06 AM

Warchol2 wrote:

change those around now.

bricerbmx wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

lmao ok ok ill switch them i just keep the big one in the back because i land on my back tire

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 10:09 AM

bricerbmx wrote:

lmao ok ok ill switch them i just keep the big one in the back because i land on my back tire

2 big tires would even work, i wouldn't suggest 2 small tires unless you race. big tires have better balance, protect your rims more, turn better, more traction.

|

4/28/2011 10:13 AM

Spenlard wrote:

bricerbmx wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

2 big tires would even work, i wouldn't suggest 2 small tires unless you race. big tires have better balance, protect your rims more, turn better, more traction.

i used 2 ride 2 big tires but iunno just stopped when i replaced my treads and i kind of like the smaller front tire because ive got big feet and it makes it easier for stalls and shit i find

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 10:27 AM

I wouldn't say its easier to go backwards. You can't slow down like with a cassette, and I think you have more control with a cassette.

Look at the number of pros that run them, they are cool but not needed

|

twitter

PROBZ

4/28/2011 10:30 AM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

I wouldn't say its easier to go backwards. You can't slow down like with a cassette, and I think you have more control with a cassette.

Look at the number of pros that run them, they are cool but not needed

true but i mainly want one to spice things up give me something new to learn

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

4/28/2011 10:42 AM

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/How-To,25/Official-Freecoaster-Thread,878441

I would say it's easier to balance while doing a fakie on a cassette, and like BJ said, with a cassette you can slow down while you are doing a fakie (unlike with a freecoaster).

And don't listen to Spenlard about chainless riding not being like riding a freecoaster.
When riding fakie chainless, it's practically the same as riding a freecoaster fakie.
When you ride fakie chainless, you can't pedal out, and while riding fakie with a freecoaster, you don't want to pedal out because that puts more stress on the bearings (which will lead the bearings to eventually break).

So I recommend riding chainless for a bit and seeing if you enjoy it.

|

4/28/2011 10:46 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/How-To,25/Official-Freecoaster-Thread,878441

I would say it's easier to balance while doing a fakie on a cassette, and like BJ said, with a cassette you can slow down while you are doing a fakie (unlike with a freecoaster).

And don't listen to Spenlard about chainless riding not being like riding a freecoaster.
When riding fakie chainless, it's practically the same as riding a freecoaster fakie.
When you ride fakie chainless, you can't pedal out, and while riding fakie with a freecoaster, you don't want to pedal out because that puts more stress on the bearings (which will lead the bearings to eventually break).

So I recommend riding chainless for a bit and seeing if you enjoy it.

honestly riding chainless is pretty fun but i find the crank spins alot faster and its harder to land on the pedals other then that its pretty fun
and ye i figured it would be the closest thing to riding a freecoaster

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual