friend lacerated his spleen last night..

Related:
Create New Tag

12/22/2013 3:26 PM

Keep him in your thoughts, he's doing good from what I hear but still at the hospital. Apparently it doesn't need surgery at least. It's especially shitty for him since he was enlisted in the Navy & set to leave Mid-February, but minimum healing time is 3 months so he'll have to re-enlist once he's fully healed up.

What happened was he was trying to gap to smith this ledge (only photo I have that shows it well enough)

Photo

he was trying to jump from one side, to land in a smith grind going down it, and completely missed his front peg and was sent over the bars, straight to his shoulder/side. You could tell he was in pain but he just got up, walked back up the ramp & sat down to rest. Then he disappeared for a little & texted me saying he's outside & got some food, then tried to pee but only pissed blood & it hurts to breathe. We all went out to check him out, he looked really in pain but didn't see any markings on his ribs but told him he definitely needs to get that shit checked out so our one friend drove him to the hospital to meet his mom there. Shit sucks, he was one of my good friends & favorite people to ride with too, hoping he gets well without any further problems. just keep him in your thoughts bmx family

|

12/22/2013 3:32 PM

Scary stuff man.......I've wondered if you could get spleens removed with no injury just to get rid of it before it possibly shits the bed

|

12/22/2013 3:35 PM

that fuckin sucks man, hope he gets better fast

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/22/2013 4:08 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Scary stuff man.......I've wondered if you could get spleens removed with no injury just to get rid of it before it possibly shits the bed

I'm really not sure, I was looking up stuff about it and it said that if it ruptures, it can be removed without any life threatening results. But I didn't look too much into that stuff so who knows if that's true

|

12/22/2013 4:10 PM

im sure hell be fine, I know a couple other people that were in that situation with their liver, they healed up all good

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/22/2013 5:37 PM

eskimojay wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'm really not sure, I was looking up stuff about it and it said that if it ruptures, it can be removed without any life threatening results. But I didn't look too much into that stuff so who knows if that's true

It can be removed if it ruptures for sure, in fact I believe you can bleed to death if it ruptures and isn't removed

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/22/2013 6:05 PM

That sucks. I lacerated my kidney and internal injuries are nothing to fuck with. Make sure he stays off his bike till he is completely cleared otherwise he will just cause more problems down the line.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/22/2013 6:06 PM

Oh, almost forgot.
Tell him I said get well soon!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/22/2013 6:12 PM

eskimojay wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

bmxfromma wrote:

It can be removed if it ruptures for sure, in fact I believe you can bleed to death if it ruptures and isn't removed

This......Hoffman lost his he talks about it in birth of big air

|

12/22/2013 6:40 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

bmxfromma wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

This......Hoffman lost his he talks about it in birth of big air

I remember watching sports science or something and an American football player ruptured his spleen during a game but it bled slow enough that he played the rest of the game and didn't realize it. Ended up getting it removed after the game

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/22/2013 7:06 PM

I kinda wouldn't mind just getting mine taken out and not risk rupturing it.......always had a fear of rupturing a spleen .....silly useless organs

|

12/22/2013 9:46 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

That sucks. I lacerated my kidney and internal injuries are nothing to fuck with. Make sure he stays off his bike till he is completely cleared otherwise he will just cause more problems down the line.

he knows to rest up before even thinking about getting back on the bike haha.

I'll pass your kind words onto him whenever I get a chance, thanks everyone else too!

|

12/22/2013 11:44 PM

Damn that's harsh shit. Good luck to your friend tho.

NOW, that gap to smith must fucking die

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/22/2013 11:50 PM

BMXism wrote:

Damn that's harsh shit. Good luck to your friend tho.

NOW, that gap to smith must fucking die

If I were him, I'd be terrified of trying that again once he's good to go.

I think if he had more bike control he would have landed it though, in the least rude way, he kinda just hucks himself at ledges/handrails and 5/10 times he slays them, 4/10 he eats shit really bad but gets up smiling cause he somehow didn't get hurt, but the 1/10, he'll get hurt pretty bad like in this case

|

12/22/2013 11:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2013 11:56 PM

fuck lol. I know some peoples who huck themselves at shit like that too. I get it's how some people ride, its their style(fuck I still do it at times), but bike control is nice to have!

do the gap to smith in his name sunday! rape it over and over, repeatedly landing it clean. show that bitch whos boss lol

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/22/2013 11:58 PM

That sucks man I hope he gets better. I thought my appendix burst this morning but it turned out to be my diet.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

12/23/2013 12:01 AM

BMXism wrote:

fuck lol. I know some peoples who huck themselves at shit like that too. I get it's how some people ride, its their style(fuck I still do it at times), but bike control is nice to have!

do the gap to smith in his name sunday! rape it over and over, repeatedly landing it clean. show that bitch whos boss lol

Same with him, he just goes for shit. like normally in our group of friends we'll take some runs, figure out how fast we need to go/how to come at whatever we're gonna try, then be like "yo wanna film this?" him on the other hand takes one look at it, then just does it without telling anyone. it's awesome haha

And I would but a gap to double peg down it scares me so bad for some reason. maybe next time I'm up I'll try & double peg it. If I can double peg it I'll get that "feeling" whether or not I know for sure if I can smith it or not. hopefully I don't meet the same fate!

|

12/23/2013 12:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2013 12:25 AM

Sending good vibes his way, he should be ok.

As for hucking shit, its not really the safest way to ride, its kinda reckless really just cause when you have that fuck it & huck it attitude going into a trick, its like your over committed in a way, which is bad because most of the time that attitude says its 50/50, I'll either send it, or get smashed and it doesn't really leave any room for the other option which is to bail, so that's usually when riders get hurt the most, because they have fully committed to something they should have bailed on.

But sometimes, thats the only way to get things done, either way it's still cool as fuck.

Hope he gets well soon bro.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/23/2013 12:42 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Sending good vibes his way, he should be ok.

As for hucking shit, its not really the safest way to ride, its kinda reckless really just cause when you have that fuck it & huck it attitude going into a trick, its like your over committed in a way, which is bad because most of the time that attitude says its 50/50, I'll either send it, or get smashed and it doesn't really leave any room for the other option which is to bail, so that's usually when riders get hurt the most, because they have fully committed to something they should have bailed on.

But sometimes, thats the only way to get things done, either way it's still cool as fuck.

Hope he gets well soon bro.

thanks a lot, he'll appreciate that!

and yeah for sure, I'm not a hucker myself but I have respect for riders who do that & kill it. Very rarely will I tell myself "fuck it, I'll just try it even though I know I'll eat shit" but also very rarely I'll actually eat shit, luckily.

|

12/23/2013 1:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2013 1:14 AM

While we're on the subject of eating shit...

Show this to your mate to cheer him up. Haha love it.
|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12