front hub bent

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2017 6:05 PM

whats a good brand of front hub? dont need anything too expensive but want one with a strong axle.Ihave a brand new fit prospect with stock hubs and i literally bent the axle doing a smith grind.I like the looks of the animal javilen but let me know whats good

|

4/24/2017 6:07 PM

is the bsd street pro any good?

|

4/24/2017 6:38 PM

G-Sport

|

4/24/2017 10:18 PM

they are pretty much all the same thing; shell, bearings, axle and bolts
if you want somerhing durable for grinds get gsport, odyssey or shadow

|

4/25/2017 1:20 PM

I like my demolition bulimia. It's been holding up well. I actually learned smiths on it. It's a regular male axle, but it's heat treated, and it's lighter than pretty much anything else on the market. Also it's only like $40 and has hub guards you can get for it.

|

4/25/2017 3:14 PM

Odyssey quartet

|

4/25/2017 5:50 PM

Just buy a new axel. Be sure it is a grade 8 or 9. Unless you 100% destroyed the hub you are learning and still have a hub. Replacement axel will run you $10-15 new hub $50+ and then you have to get spokes unless yours are fine (and the right length) and then lace it. You can also go to a machine shop and they can set you up with a female axel for around $25. I have done both and the female was the best choice.

|

4/25/2017 6:39 PM

I like my Gsport Roloway so far, held up to some grinds, some hang 5 attempts. So far it is solid.

Knee is tight and swollen internally, so I am out for a bit, but once I am back I will hit it hard and let you know with a review.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/25/2017 6:42 PM

Gsport hubs have super strong axles but they roll like shit. Get the animal hub, it will hold up to grinding and roll better than a gsport.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop