front profile hub cones loose? help!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2013 1:12 AM

i just brought a front wheel from the local bike shop and my cones are loose on my profile hub? is there a way to fix this, like when i wiggle my wheel on the forks i can feel movement and also when i drop my bike i can hear that ( loose cone sound ) please helppp!

|

10/10/2013 2:10 AM

Tighten them... Or take in to your shop it could be your bearings or something loose inside your hub

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/10/2013 5:10 AM

My profile cones were pressed on (as was the hub guard I got for my front hub), no threading at all. I would bring it to that shop and have them look at it. At most it could need a little spacer/washer on each side.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/10/2013 1:30 PM

Return it to the shop. Profile will sends shims...Ive dealt with this one time , and I have multiple Profile hubs. What worked for me was new bearings which Profile sent free. There's a difference with bearings, the black seal ones are much better. The blue sealed bearings may have a slight tolerance issue creating the wobble. Story goes, all Profile hubs used to have black sealed bearings. Stupid kids would complain their wheels wouldn't spin long when the bike wasn't in use...riding wise it was perfect. So from all the idiots complaining Profile changed the bearings to suit all the crying dumb kids...Either see if the shop will switch the hub if not, have them or you contact profile...if the shims don't work, its the bearings. Its an easy fix and Profile will help you out.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

10/10/2013 2:44 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Return it to the shop. Profile will sends shims...Ive dealt with this one time , and I have multiple Profile hubs. What worked for me was new bearings which Profile sent free. There's a difference with bearings, the black seal ones are much better. The blue sealed bearings may have a slight tolerance issue creating the wobble. Story goes, all Profile hubs used to have black sealed bearings. Stupid kids would complain their wheels wouldn't spin long when the bike wasn't in use...riding wise it was perfect. So from all the idiots complaining Profile changed the bearings to suit all the crying dumb kids...Either see if the shop will switch the hub if not, have them or you contact profile...if the shims don't work, its the bearings. Its an easy fix and Profile will help you out.

They should help you, especially if your spending $200 -and $300 on a hub.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.