front wheel is making ticking sound when I spin it and ride on it anyone know the reason

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2017 8:10 PM

front wheel is making ticking sound when I spin it and ride on it anyone know the reason

|

9/1/2017 9:43 PM

Are you sure it's the wheel? I heard a ticking sound in my front end and the way it I was hearing it it sounded like it was coming from my cranks or my brake cable hitting my frame. It was a loose headset. Try loosening you stem from steer tube and check if your compression bolt is loose. Mine was. No more ticking.

It could also be your bearings. They might be dirty or dry or just worn out. Try cleaning and lubing your bearings and see if it goes away.

|

9/1/2017 11:17 PM

Sounds like bearings. Could be a bent axle or twisted forks, but start with the simpler stuff like cleaning it out and re greasing it. Swap front wheel with a friend to see if there's spins fine in your forks and if yours still makes the noise in theirs

|

9/3/2017 5:14 PM

Draven_Yuill wrote:

Broken headset. Happens to me all the time with my FlyBikes Agua fork. Not too sure as to why though...

|