front wheel problems

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2016 7:28 PM

When i put pressure on my front peg i can hear the spokes making that ting noise even tho i tightened them a few days ago.

|

1/26/2016 8:48 PM

Is this because I tightened them unevenly?

|

1/26/2016 9:00 PM

if your spokes are badly uneven you'd notice wobbles and hops in your rim.

Your spokes are setting in, its common right after a true.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/26/2016 9:43 PM

how long does it usually last?

|

1/26/2016 9:49 PM

depends on how often you ride. A week or two maybe. not long.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/26/2016 9:50 PM

This is like the 4th thread you've made on this , why you don't you make another thread about it I'm sure that will fix your spokes

|

1/26/2016 9:55 PM

eskimojay, I am new to riding, I am new to all these problems, that I why I am so worried and I make all these posts, sorry if it bothers you.

|

1/27/2016 12:10 AM

If there's a noise coming from your wheel after all the advice you've been given, I'd bet it isn't the spokes. Ride your bike and lean it over as much as you can whilst rolling, do it both ways. That will bed your spokes in. If it's still making noise, it's your hub bearings

|

1/27/2016 8:13 AM

Just sounds like your wheel is flexing and if your spokes are tight they are making noise from the point where they cross. If it really bothers you just add a drop (DO NOT OVER DO IT) of lube at the point where the spokes cross and that should make the sound go away.

Hope that helps

www.albes.com

|

1/27/2016 9:17 AM

Could be the spokes are torqued from not unwinding them after tensioning/truing, and the spoke heads are turning in the rim as the spokes untorque themselves under stress from riding.
When you tighten a spoke, turn the head an extra 1/4 turn or so, and then back it off the 1/4 turn when you're done, this will release any torque that you put on the spoke itself.

|