fuckin stoked!!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/17/2012 6:56 PM

put my foot down but only cause the way I landed on the ramp, I was sideways and kinda slipped I think, but still landed the initial trick.. tried this for a straight fucking hour, tried getting a better one but I kept eating shit and got too tired, seriously such a hard but cool looking trick.

|

3/17/2012 7:02 PM

looks awesome, congrats!

|

Plymouth, England.

3/17/2012 7:14 PM

Quickeh. wrote:

looks awesome, congrats!

thanks! I'm so stoked on it

|

3/17/2012 7:22 PM

nice

|

3/17/2012 9:12 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

nice

thanks!

|

3/17/2012 9:19 PM

dang thats sick! I love doing single footjam whips, but havent tried doubles... maybe i will they look sick!

|

3/17/2012 10:19 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

dang thats sick! I love doing single footjam whips, but havent tried doubles... maybe i will they look sick!

go for it! I think footjam whips are probably one of my top 3 favorite tricks, I've been trying doubles for awhile but no one was out today at this time so I thought, might as well try them haha. Give you a tip though, you know how you lean forward when you whip the bike in front of you, then lean back once you go to land? Well it's weirder, like you lean forward as you'd normally do for a single whip.. but instead of leaning back to go to land, don't. Instead just keep your weight where it is and that'll give your bike the momentum to swing around again. I had to figure that out by myself but it didn't take long. just make sure you feel comfortable with the leaning or you'll eat shit like I did haha

|

3/17/2012 11:03 PM

pretty sick!!!

I can do them pretty clean flat and 90 deg. footjam a bank, tips for doing singles on a bank?

|

3/17/2012 11:12 PM

supremelylazzy wrote:

pretty sick!!!

I can do them pretty clean flat and 90 deg. footjam a bank, tips for doing singles on a bank?

haha thanks!!

and it's similar to the way you do them on flat, only you kinda carve not quite 90 degrees on the top of the bank, but a bit less. that's how I like to do them anyway, then kick it as you'd normally do on flat.. now here comes the tricky part, you gotta lean forward as you start kicking it but not so far forward that you're gonna fall over and eat shit, just enough to whip the back end around and then you have 2 options..

option 1- since you're just learning them on banks, wait until it comes to you and jump towards your bike, your front foot should catch first and after you're dialed with them your front catches almost naturally, mine does anyway haha, then put your other foot on and ride away. but try and get them both on at once otherwise if you're leaning too far to one side the pressure from your catching foot will just pull you down and you'll probably wreck if you don't catch yourself.

option 2- once you're a bit more comfortable with the landing part, as your back end starts to come the rest of the way around, it should have maybe 50ish degrees left, automatically jump to your bike and catch both feet at once, jumping out of it and making a clean end to a nice trick, I love when they feel like that.

hope that helps

|