general consensus: cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2008 7:52 AM

Ive had the same pair of profile cranks for like 5 years, no complaints but its time for new ones, anyone think theres anything better out today, hollowbites? fly cranks? or stick to profile

|

12/11/2008 8:12 AM

i don't reall know much about cranks and whats the best. but i always thought profile was. and if theyy lasted over 5 years i would just buy profile again for sure.

|

12/11/2008 8:23 AM

if its hasnt break yet, why do you replace it..??

|

Booze, Sex, Bikes, and Rock n' Roll

12/11/2008 8:49 AM

if your endorsed by oddesey why tdont yo get twombolts

|

12/11/2008 9:02 AM

keep them they must be the same as today's profiles

|

12/11/2008 9:16 AM

get some profiles.
but stolen do good cranks

|

12/11/2008 9:24 AM

sarkumfromindonesia wrote:

if its hasnt break yet, why do you replace it..??

mine now have a lot of flex in them from over the years, feels like the next big thing i do there going bend/break

|

12/11/2008 10:51 AM

you are a lucky dude. i've gone through like 10 pairs in five years. i go through them faster than tires. i recomend riding them till they break

|

bye sick kills

12/11/2008 10:56 AM

primo cranks ftw

|

12/11/2008 11:23 AM

I have hollowbites because they came on my bike, and I wouldn't recomend them even though they are still straight. They are too chunky, they have bitten my ankles a few times--maybe they should be called anklebites. Mine don't squeak, but that seems to be a common prob with primo's. Anyway, Profiles work best if you get the bitchin bolts for them, otherwise the spindle boss will collapse if you hit it grinding and make it hard to get the bolts out.

|

Yes, I really live in Wyoming.

12/11/2008 11:48 AM

montymitch wrote:

I have hollowbites because they came on my bike, and I wouldn't recomend them even though they are still straight. They are too chunky, they have bitten my ankles a few times--maybe they should be called anklebites. Mine don't squeak, but that seems to be a common prob with primo's. Anyway, Profiles work best if you get the bitchin bolts for them, otherwise the spindle boss will collapse if you hit it grinding and make it hard to get the bolts out.

how a plain surface crank messed up your ankles?
i had profile type cranks... those things are ankle destroyers
i love primos cuz i never had a fucked up ankle, easy install, been riding them for 5 years and still like new, more than my friends flys and profiles broken too...

|

12/11/2008 12:00 PM

they are chunky where the pinch bolts are. For some reason I keep hitting my ankles there. You're right--they are much easier to install which is a big plus.

|

12/11/2008 12:56 PM

i really liek the primos ive never ridin them but i like cranks with pinch bolts better then 48spline my friend has a pair tht are pretty sick n mad old n they work fine

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

12/11/2008 1:02 PM

Profile are the best. I tried primo hollow bites but they are too big and they bite your ankles pretty damn good. Ouch!

|

12/11/2008 5:53 PM

ive heard profiles are good, but i have the odyssey wombolts and there great and very cheap on danscomp only like 100 dollars

|

ummmm i ride bikes

12/11/2008 6:10 PM

wtp fo sho
good tubular cranks

dont get stolens
they bend

|

12/11/2008 6:49 PM

i got wombolts and there good and the really good part is if you brake em u get twombolts

|

12/11/2008 7:16 PM

fly are great! don't get hollow bites, aluminum is a soft metal.

|

12/11/2008 7:20 PM

Yeah, I don't know how well hollowbites would hold up if you do lots of pedal grinds and crankslides. For strength, they are just as strong as cromo cranks.

|