gerber baby gerber

Related:
Create New Tag

1/21/2016 8:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2016 11:07 AM

Why hasn't any sponsers thrown doe at him.i mean that standard frame is sick too big of a stand over for me but.hes sick right?I must not know something because i figured he'd be riding for hella sponsers besides dg

|

1/21/2016 9:03 AM

I've rode with him a couple times he's a really chill dude

|

1/21/2016 10:45 AM

He's on standard, not a laird frame. And didn't he like, bang some team managers wife or something years ago so no one likes him?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

1/21/2016 10:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2016 10:53 AM

He's officially sponsored by Albes, DG, and Standard but he gets hooked up by bsd for parts that standard and DG don't make (wheels, drivetrain, ect.)

|

1/21/2016 11:02 AM

Are we talking zack gerber or Chris gerber ?

|

1/21/2016 11:07 AM

I meant standard my bad.i always get those 2 mixed up for some reason.thanx tho

|

1/21/2016 12:37 PM

if you're 6'4 like me you'll like a taller standover

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

1/21/2016 3:48 PM

Eric_Wotansvolk wrote:

I meant standard my bad.i always get those 2 mixed up for some reason.thanx tho

LOL you prolly get them mixed up, because Standard and Laird make the best BMX frames! And that is no debate, if anyone thinks otherwise you are kidding yourselves. I don't own a Standard or Laird frame (yet), but I have seen and rode other's who have frames from them. There are many good frames from other brands; simply put though, Standard and Laird make the best out of all of them currently.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/21/2016 3:50 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

if you're 6'4 like me you'll like a taller standover

WTH Jonny you're TALL! You do look like the kinda rider that I would be scared of at the park, but I bet you are a nice guy in person.

|

1/21/2016 4:35 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

LOL you prolly get them mixed up, because Standard and Laird make the best BMX frames! And that is no debate, if anyone thinks ...more

Soundwave? Good welding is one thing. The Soundwave has a far superior design compared to anything Standard or Laird offer, along with the same quality, if not better welds (I'd bet on better). The Soundwave uses post weld machining on bearing races to ensure proper fit after welding, anti-rust coating inside and out, wave tubes, one piece chainstay wishbone, 8mm thick dropouts with a chain tensioner, square dent resistant chainstays, beefy seatstay design, 41 thermal heat treating and a lifetime warranty.

How are Laird or Standard better in any way? Being American made doesn't matter because that means nothing. Standard and especially Laird are all hype for no reason.

|

1/21/2016 5:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2016 5:16 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Soundwave? Good welding is one thing. The Soundwave has a far superior design compared to anything Standard or Laird offer, ...more

Standard has been rocking for over 20 years, Sunday has been around for like 10. That right there says they are more than just hype if they have lasted as long as they have. Not to mention that there are still dudes riding Standards from 15 years ago and they haven't cracked or broken. You ever see a broken Standard?

The rust proofing has to be put on after welding in order to not burn off during welding or cause impurities in the welds, and introducing moisture can be a bad thing, even if it is "rust proofing". It could also seal moisture IN, which isn't a good thing either. It would have to be pressurized INTO the frame to ensure that it doesn't just seal up the weld pressure release holes and seal moisture inside the tubing.

Machining after a weld is both good and bad. Good because you get a great fit for bearings, BAD because it can essentially grind out hints of a bad weld or burn through unless you have a well trained eye. (has anyone actually gotten a new frame with an issue with this? I've had something like 8 frames, and I know tons of local riders, I don't think I have ever heard of bearing fitment issues on new frames aside from user error.)

I've seen one piece chainstay wishbones break in half on two separate occasions, and seen the headtube snap off a Sunday Soundwave. Thicker drops are always nice. Nothing bad there aside from integrated tensioners are hit or miss.

I do agree that American Made isn't always better though. There are some DAMN good parts coming out of Taiwan, and a lot of folks hear any Asian country name and associate it with cheaply made Chinese junk (think walmart special bike)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/21/2016 5:18 PM

Support rider owned companies esp.when riders are actually manufacturing product.

|

1/21/2016 5:56 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Soundwave? Good welding is one thing. The Soundwave has a far superior design compared to anything Standard or Laird offer, ...more

inb4 grumpysteve PMS's over this

|

1/21/2016 6:14 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

WTH Jonny you're TALL! You do look like the kinda rider that I would be scared of at the park, but I bet you are a nice guy in ...more

Nah... you shouldn't be scared of him at the park.

Just don't talk to him about your favorite music or bands and you'll be fine.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/21/2016 6:27 PM

Any you motherfuckers still got standard domination on vhs ?

I do

|

1/21/2016 6:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2016 6:37 PM

one try kid wrote:

Just don't talk to him about your favorite music or bands and you'll be ...more

if someone is nice to me I'm nice to em but if you wanna be a smart ass its how you get slapped. also I don't ride parks

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

1/21/2016 7:34 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

WTH Jonny you're TALL! You do look like the kinda rider that I would be scared of at the park, but I bet you are a nice guy in ...more

one try kid wrote:

Just don't talk to him about your favorite music or bands and you'll be ...more

JonnyGanja wrote:

if someone is nice to me I'm nice to em but if you wanna be a smart ass its how you get slapped. also I don't ride parks

I don't ride parks often myself; there's too many scary people there and I attract too much attention (which is bad for a shy guy like me). I only speak a lot here because I can hide behind the interwebs.

@Xxohioanxx and dave lawrence
I didn't mean to start another debate, but I hope it remains peaceful smile people will have different opinions and beliefs so we should respect that! I still stand by my previous statement however. I remember there being a used original standard frame that was repainted blue for sale on Albes some time in 2014 for around $300. If the Albes guy here could confirm that would be nice, but I am telling the truth. Anyways the paint job looked like crap so I hope whoever bought it stripped it off; regardless of that you could tell from it's pics that it has stood the test of time and that the integrity of it's strength has "still" not been compromised!

|

1/21/2016 7:58 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

I don't ride parks often myself; there's too many scary people there and I attract too much attention (which is bad for a shy ...more

i dont ride parks because closest one is about an hour away and never had any parks growing up. i mean theres one like 20 mins away but its a crappy prefab with holes in it and tiny awful layout its all quarter pipes and quarter pipes sketch me out a bit intimidating to me since ive ridden one like 3 times in 20 years

|

1/21/2016 8:01 PM

I rode Standards for years 2 125s and a 250. They were all the highest quality frames i have ever owned. Its got some dings and dents but never have seen one snap. I still have one of the 125s and the paint has stood the test of time (had it since '05 probably). The paint is easily the most durable and scratch resistant i have seen. Im on a Fly Fuego right now and it seems i cant even pick up the bike without scratching it.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

1/21/2016 8:08 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

He doesn't like smart asses either...

lol

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/21/2016 8:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2016 9:45 PM

one try kid wrote:

He doesn't like smart asses either...

lol

you're a prime candidate. you went out of your way to provoke something. i hold a grudge forever and i never forget.

|

1/22/2016 12:52 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

inb4 grumpysteve PMS's over this

Kek!
On paper, the soundwave should be better by design. I don't know what tubing they use though.
Standard use platinum ox tubing by true temper, which is the shit for frame building.
People have snapped both standard and Sunday frames though.
The reason Sunday machine the headtube and bb post weld is because the heat treatment process they use can easily warp the frame.
Heat treating isn't necessary for a bmx frame providing the welds are good. The heat generated from tig isn't (or shouldn't be) enough to have a negative affect on the material (depending what rods are used). Heat treating a frame could have negative affects, whereas a well welded frame with no heat treatment doesn't. If it's heat treated correctly, it does no harm and COULD make it stronger, but the use of gussets on a non heat treated, well welded frame out weigh the risk of heat treatment either being done wrong and ruining the material, or warping the frame.

At the end of the day, we can only speculate. We don't know for certain what materials are used (apart from a few companies that boast about their tubesets), how good the weld really is (or what rods they use, which also has a massive affect on whether it should be heat treated), or if the heat treatment is done well (or even necessary, depending on the other factors mentioned). Fbm don't post weld heat treat their frames, and I'm yet to hear of one snapping (I'm sure they have, but not as often as you'd expect when compared to all the fancy shit I mentioned that other companies do). The thickness of the material also has a massive affect on how strong it will be, and whether heat treatment is needed.

I have my opinion, but it's just speculation.

|