getting new parts question.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/26/2015 6:32 PM

I made up my mind to get a new and fatter seat as slim seat hurts my bum when cruising. Lol. Thinking of getting the demolition markit pivotal seat but I heard and read a lot about the tree ergo pivotal being the comfiest of them all. Is this true? And will it be worth it for the extra money?

And anyone run pegs with PC sleeves? Does the sleeves spin when you grind or step on it? Planning on getting a pair or two as well.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

10/26/2015 8:07 PM

I tried the fit wizard sleeves for about a month. It would rotate a little bit and the plastic between the dropout and peg didn't allow me to keep my wheel as tight as I like. It wasn't horrible but I'm not the smoothest rider. I prefer steel with anti-rotate pins

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

10/26/2015 11:18 PM

The Tree seat is a fucking waste , I don't care how long you studied asses for but for fucks sake charging a stupid amount for a ass designed seat is retarded in my eyes and I don't care who bitches at me , whoever thought "my ass hurts lets study a seat and label it ergonomical and charge more for it"

Get a Markit seat , friend has one and it looks good and is comfy without being stupid and Dennis is awesome .

I run Eclat Venom pegs and they're amazing so if you want plastics I'd get those , and most should have an insert / adapter that goes in the peg so they don't fall off

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/26/2015 11:28 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

The Tree seat is a fucking waste , I don't care how long you studied asses for but for fucks sake charging a stupid amount for ...more

Well... The Tree seat is $40... Most other seats are $32-$36ish, so really it isn't THAT much more.

I personally still wouldn't buy it though, I like super slim seats. Call me crazy, but I don't sit on my bike long enough to give a shit whether or not it's comfy.

|

10/27/2015 4:23 AM

The Tree seat is a fucking waste , I don't care how long you studied asses for but for fucks sake charging a stupid amount for ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Well... The Tree seat is $40... Most other seats are $32-$36ish, so really it isn't THAT much more.

I personally still ...more

tree ergo slim seat is comfy, kind of wish i got the fat one but i like the slim

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

10/27/2015 6:53 AM

I am a fan of my Shadow seat. I also was content with Macniel Fat Capitals, as I had 2-3 of those in my day. Slim seats suck for no footed front wheel stuff.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/27/2015 8:19 AM

I was going to call you an idiot but you do that for me everyday. Thanks.

|

10/27/2015 9:47 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I was going to call you an idiot but you do that for me everyday. Thanks.

He has a point though. In BMX most of the time you are standing/doing something, and only really sitting when coasting or resting, so the design is less important, and basic seats are just dandy. There is a possible use/need, but it is pretty limited because of the amount of time a rider actually spends sitting.

On a road bike I can understand the ergonomics and so on, where you are sitting 99% of the time going long distances.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/27/2015 10:46 AM

most the time i sit it's usually when i'm already exhausted and sore...being sore sitting on a minimally padded seat really sucks. so yes, i sit maybe 2% of the time i ride but it's the 2% when i need comfort the most. you don't think it matters until you actually try a comfortable seat then you never want to go back and you will actually sit more because it's not pain inducing.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

10/27/2015 10:52 AM

Ergo seats are life. Tree ergo are awesome but I currently have the mutiny bold ergo and I really like it

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

10/27/2015 12:53 PM

@Sunday oh that's not horrible .. here in Canada theyre around 70$ or more . A Fiend Reynolds seat at my local is 50$ , so if I wanted to order an Ergo off Dans , with shipping and exchange I'd probably end up paying 100$ for a seat haha

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/27/2015 1:41 PM

Also it needs to be mentioned that they may be "ergonomically designed" but they are not a perfect fit for everyone. Your sit bones as they are called are different widths apart compared to other people, and some people have more sensitivity in certain areas. If you really want to get into saddles that are designed for optimal blood flow and comfort, look into the Road Cycling world. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to design with blow flow in mind. The Tree and Mutiny seats might be "ergonomical" but I am 100% certain they are not using the same pressure sensing mapping devices and blood flow meters to make sure they are designed well.

Personally, I ride a 155mm wide saddle, and a dude I know who is bigger than me runs a 143mm saddle. His sit bones are narrower than mine, despite him being way bigger than me.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/27/2015 5:40 PM

One of the best seats of all time hands down...Photo

|

10/27/2015 7:45 PM

Markit seat is awesome. I run it. Super happy with it.

|

10/27/2015 8:31 PM

United stay strong seat is really sweet

|

10/27/2015 8:35 PM

Any pegs with gray PVC over them

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

10/30/2015 10:28 AM

I went with the Demolition Markit Pivotal. Thanks for the suggestions.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.