glh for dirt, and stem reach

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2014 1:26 PM

1. How are glh's for the front in dirt? As fate would have it for the millionth time, my demolition tire is wearing unbelievably fast and I'm looking for a new tire. But they gripped so well, if the manufacturer change actually improves the tire life like demolition promised, I'll buy a stockpile, favorite tire so far.

2. How much of a difference does stem reach really make? My freeze is dying (my fault) and this question popped into my mind while breezing through Dan's.

|

8/13/2014 1:30 PM

And if it helps, the dirt I'll be running in is hardpacked sand, and dusty, rocky stuff up in California. I'm more worried about the California dirt as my friend's momentums grip the hard pack sand pretty well, stuff is great, but it never bluegrooves.

|

8/13/2014 1:46 PM

Otk will not be happy that you're attempting to steal his man

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/13/2014 1:47 PM

tomdon wrote:

I stole OTK's woman, now I'm being stolen from him. sad

|

8/13/2014 1:50 PM

tomdon wrote:

Ohian can keep his dick to himself. All that topsey shit was embarrassing as it is, and I'm trying not to jump straight onto someone else's dick. Guess my butthole just feels empty.

|

8/13/2014 2:01 PM

I haven't run the glh in the front, but it works ok for dirt not great. My mtt works for me in the front. Why not get an aitken?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

8/13/2014 2:07 PM

GLH for everything. My favourite all time tyres.

|

8/13/2014 2:14 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I haven't run the glh in the front, but it works ok for dirt not great. My mtt works for me in the front. Why not get an ...more

I'd just like to have an all animal setup. Lasts forever. Plus, park riding too. Glh tires are awesome on parks.

|

8/13/2014 2:17 PM

Whats size demo tired were you riding? I have 2 momentums in amazing shape size 2.35 and a brand new 2.20...white walls. Looking to get rid of them since I never use them

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/13/2014 2:46 PM

If there werent so many new tyres i wanna try, id love to go back to ghls... But i have developed a tyre fetish it seems

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

8/13/2014 2:50 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I haven't run the glh in the front, but it works ok for dirt not great. My mtt works for me in the front. Why not get an ...more

biggybuggy wrote:

I'd just like to have an all animal setup. Lasts forever. Plus, park riding too. Glh tires are awesome on parks.

I get it. I will run animal for a long long time. I would say get mtt but i seem to remember you not liking them? Get glh then. Mine doesn't really slip on dirt or anything but i have had other tires grip better for dirt.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

8/13/2014 3:24 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I get it. I will run animal for a long long time. I would say get mtt but i seem to remember you not liking them? Get glh ...more

I ride lots of park too and they just weren't working for me. Slips out too much. I have it laying around. They also roll like shit.

|

8/13/2014 5:47 PM

you will not feel a difference between 48-54 mm of stem reach
any longer or shorter might not feel good, stick between those ranges unless you are ready to sell it at half price if you dont like it

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/13/2014 6:06 PM

I wouldn't want to run a GLH on dirt. My knobby Aitken is BY FAR the best tire I've ever used on dirt. So much more grip than any other option.

|

8/13/2014 6:19 PM

^^^^^^Aitkens are the best, even the "street" version works really well on dirt

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin