gone brakeless and some other stuff.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2017 7:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2017 7:16 PM

Photo

Photo

so today i decided to fix up and improve my bike heres how it looks now, and i got a cult doomsday peg, and a salt rookie 20 inch wheel, also removed the brakes and the gyro just because i dont want to ruin my rims and i want to try brakeless. so any criticism is welcome :D
|

9/28/2017 7:17 PM

Cool! Being brakeless is awesome... though I'd like to try a good brake set up with a gyro and what not...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/28/2017 7:18 PM

ill post some more pitures tomorrow but for now please enjoy Photo

|

9/28/2017 7:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2017 7:20 PM

yea i tryed it with a gyro and ill tell you, its CRAP i fell off a stair way because it didnt stop me.

|

9/28/2017 7:31 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Cool! Being brakeless is awesome... though I'd like to try a good brake set up with a gyro and what not...

Let me tell you...it feels good! Really good.
Also you dont need a "Good" setup. I was using a 12.00 gyro setup with mission ubrakes. You just have to know how to adjust the cables and pads...

You can get a "good" setup with very little money. People have a really distorted view of gyro systems.

If you want I can link you to the setup I used.

|

9/28/2017 7:33 PM

merk20 wrote:

yea i tryed it with a gyro and ill tell you, its CRAP i fell off a stair way because it didnt stop me.

A cheap gyro setup will lock up your brakes. How much more braking power can you have without also running front brakes or discs? Lol

|

9/28/2017 7:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2017 7:42 PM

a. a lot
b. thats depends on bike to bike my friend has a gyro and it can lock up with him on it but as i get on its like i dont have brakes at all. and im 150lbs
c. im just trying something new and i like it.
d. my bike my choice
e. lock up your tires not brakes lol

|

9/28/2017 8:08 PM

merk20 wrote:

a. a lot
b. thats depends on bike to bike my friend has a gyro and it can lock up with him on it but as i get on its like i dont have brakes at all. and im 150lbs
d. my bike my choice

Well if you want to get technical your actually locking up your rim, that is the braking surface your brakes interface with to create friction.

Im not arguing, the gyro isnt the problem in the equation. Its either the rim surface, cable tension, or brake pad/compound or a combination.

You can do anything you want, not saying you cant, just that it is not the gyros fault.

Glad you like your new setup!

|

9/28/2017 8:15 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Well if you want to get technical your actually locking up your rim, that is the braking surface your brakes interface with to create friction.

Im not arguing, the gyro isnt the problem in the equation. Its either the rim surface, cable tension, or brake pad/compound or a combination.

You can do anything you want, not saying you cant, just that it is not the gyros fault.

That's questonable but I don't want to get into brake vs no brake again. Yea I think we both got in the wrong track, and thanks for the complement I appreciate it :D

|

9/28/2017 9:03 PM

merk20 wrote:

a. a lot
d. my bike my choice

Bulletpup wrote:

merk20 wrote:

That's questonable but I don't want to get into brake vs no brake again. Yea I think we both got in the wrong track, and thanks for the complement I appreciate it :D

Youre very welcome!

|

9/29/2017 2:12 AM

Cut the brake tabs off your frame with a dremmel or something , would be clean .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/29/2017 5:08 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Cut the brake tabs off your frame with a dremmel or something , would be clean .

& If he (or the next person) ever wants brakes....?

Nothing like ruining a frame...

|