good and light tyre

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2020 10:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2020 10:54 AM

so, i have the demolition hammerheads 2.4
and i also have éclat mirage 2.45 on my shelf incase something goes wrong..

i choose them both by the look and they are great but my overall frontier came out really heavy,
i had also heavy pegs which i switched to lighter ones and it did solve the problem really nice
i have now a nice frontier, love riding those tyres and I don't have to ride low psi

thing is i hate plastic pegs since I don't wanna buy those sleeves till the rest of my life, switching to metal ones
will make it heavier again. i thought i do switch to Kevlar beaded tyres but im afraid they wont hold up nicely in the streets and loads i am taking.

does pros do ride Kevlar beads? (I'm not a pro but i do like and intend to ride big..)
if so, what tyre would you recommend? or, what else i could sacrifice to be able ride metal ones but still balancing the weight reasonably ?

|

11/7/2020 10:57 AM

Maxxis grifter for it's weight it is still pretty damn durable.

|

11/7/2020 11:01 AM

you said you dont want metal pegs as they'll weigh your bike down but im pretty sure there are lightweight metal pegs out there.

|

11/7/2020 11:01 AM

The folding version of Alex Donnachie’s BSD tire is pretty light if I recall correctly. Just stay away from most park/race oriented tires for street riding even though they’re incredibly light. They just won’t hold up to grinding.

I do second the Grifters, though. Paul Ryan ran them at one point.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

11/7/2020 1:04 PM

Can’t go wrong with grifters , or khe foldables if you can find them

|

11/7/2020 3:34 PM

eskimojay wrote:

WOW man TenFOUSDAND.

|

11/7/2020 4:10 PM

eskimojay wrote:

10k posts dang!

What are you gonna pick for your free wheelset??

|

11/8/2020 7:33 AM

odyssey aitken 2.45s

|

I like riding my bike.

11/8/2020 11:31 AM

bmxmanboy wrote:

odyssey aitken 2.45s

they look massive..
i couldnt find if its kevlar or wire bead

|

11/13/2020 12:51 AM

Related suggestion: go to the gym and stop worrying about weight

|

smile

11/13/2020 3:47 AM

Eclat mirages are great tires and are more durable than average, impressive considering they are one of the lighter tires on the market. Mirage w Kevlar beads will save you 2oz per tire.

Bulletpup put me on to these tires. Much of Eclats products seem gimmicky to me but these are great tires, can’t really point out a flaw

|

11/13/2020 5:16 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Yes, go to the gym, but no, getting stronger is not the same as shedding weight. A heavier or lighter bike will move differently regardless of the strength of the rider, because Physics is still a thing.

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?
Instagram: @theothermaj

11/13/2020 5:23 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

MJbmx wrote:

Yes, go to the gym, but no, getting stronger is not the same as shedding weight. A heavier or lighter bike will move differently regardless of the strength of the rider, because Physics is still a thing.

It's definitely a thing. That's why pro park and flatland riders go ti and try to make their bikes as light as possible.

|

11/14/2020 7:58 PM

pnfdog wrote:

It's definitely a thing. That's why pro park and flatland riders go ti and try to make their bikes as light as possible.

I don’t understand if they want an excessively light bike why don’t they just ride a scooter lmao

|

smile

11/16/2020 5:53 AM

MJbmx wrote:

pnfdog wrote:

PastaIsLitty wrote:

I don’t understand if they want an excessively light bike why don’t they just ride a scooter lmao

because BMX is tight. scooters are cool, but to me and what I'd hope would be others, not as cool as BMX. Your analogy does work but its kind of like saying: ''if F1 teams want the lightest car possible why don't they get a racing motorbike.''

|

11/16/2020 6:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2020 6:32 AM

the Mirages are pretty dang light.

BSD DonnaSqueaks so far are the best performing tire overall ive used. Durable, light weight, low wear. used then for 18 months and they still look good for 18 more. Siunce them, I've been on Cinema Williams (not durable enough but feel great), now on Subrosa sawtooths currently (heavy feeling have to keep PSI low to like them), then i have the Phantoms up next when i'm ready to change colors up again.

|

11/16/2020 7:16 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Lighter wheels simply feel better. Especially if you're doing a lot of shit that the bike doesn't have a lot of time like hop 5s, hop whips, 1 whips, switch whips, bars etc lighter tires make the rotation faster and feel smoother.

Same could be said about a steep headtube, short back ends and massive bars. Why not ride a scooter?

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

11/16/2020 11:42 AM

MJbmx wrote:

pnfdog wrote:

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Have you ridden a some what light bike ? More than anything you can move the bike easier and for longer.

|

11/16/2020 11:43 AM

pnfdog wrote:

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Four wrote:

Lighter wheels simply feel better. Especially if you're doing a lot of shit that the bike doesn't have a lot of time like hop 5s, hop whips, 1 whips, switch whips, bars etc lighter tires make the rotation faster and feel smoother.

Same could be said about a steep headtube, short back ends and massive bars. Why not ride a scooter?

Hey HEY, does my bike look like a scooter !? Lol.

|

11/16/2020 2:26 PM

folding tires are lighter. i like a bit of weight in the tires to get some distance.

|

11/16/2020 5:32 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Yes bruh if u dont got ur seatpost higher than ur crossbar and ur bike doesnt weigh at least 28 lbs its a scooter bruh

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

11/16/2020 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2020 6:04 PM

Four wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

Four wrote:

Yes bruh if u dont got ur seatpost higher than ur crossbar and ur bike doesnt weigh at least 28 lbs its a scooter bruh

Mine weighs 66 lbs 6oz, I'm in the clear.

Edit: Bruh.

|

11/16/2020 6:30 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Four wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

Why stop there? Go for an 80lb bike since that'll make us more manly according to some.

|

11/16/2020 6:43 PM

Four wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

pnfdog wrote:

Why stop there? Go for an 80lb bike since that'll make us more manly according to some.

80 pound bike ? That better have 50 pounds of gold in it

|

11/16/2020 7:26 PM

Anybody who “doesn’t care what their bike weighs” - probably is either not doing a whole lot on the bike except straight airing and “flowing” around the skatepark- or by coincidence bought a bike/parts that were manufactured by people who did know: weight does matter.
I always say: next time you’re in the grocery store- pick up a 2lb bag of sugar......or even 5lb bag and think about that weight spread out over the bike. shocked Early in the day, I just bought cheap and had a heavy bike cuz I knew no better. I borrowed a friends bike one day and was truly SHOCKED at how agile and effortless his bike was. Bought lightest BMX parts I could put together a few days later.
This is especially true for the tires and tubes—- cuz they spin -aka Rotational Inertia- look it up. Kevlar tires are not going to fold off and I personally run these tubolito tubes for two years now with zero problems. Vid is good discussing tire and wheel weight too

|

11/16/2020 7:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2020 7:31 PM

T-Dawgg wrote:

Anybody who “doesn’t care what their bike weighs” - probably is either not doing a whole lot on the bike except straight airing and “flowing” around the skatepark- or by coincidence bought a bike/parts that were manufactured by people who did know: weight does matter.
I always say: next time you’re in the grocery store- pick up a 2lb bag of sugar......or even 5lb bag and think about that weight spread out over the bike. shocked Early in the day, I just bought cheap and had a heavy bike cuz I knew no better. I borrowed a friends bike one day and was truly SHOCKED at how agile and effortless his bike was. Bought lightest BMX parts I could put together a few days later.
This is especially true for the tires and tubes—- cuz they spin -aka Rotational Inertia- look it up. Kevlar tires are not going to fold off and I personally run these tubolito tubes for two years now with zero problems. Vid is good discussing tire and wheel weight too

What some people fail to realize is that a heavier bike is more stable and less twitchy. spinning weight is the only thing that matters, really

|

I like riding my bike.

11/17/2020 11:02 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Lifting definitely helps but a light bike is just a huge bonus.

|