good bars for a 6'0 tall person

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2014 12:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2014 12:51 PM

looking for something tall and a little bit wide not to wide but more to the tall side nothing too expensive

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

4/2/2014 1:08 PM

What are you currently riding?
Have you got fl or tl?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/2/2014 1:28 PM

Check out the United Beacons. They are 8.6" tall with a narrow 26.5" width. Most other tall bars are a lot wider, so if you want something tall and narrow they might be good to check out.

If you want something a little bit wider, the United Mothership XLs are cool. 8.8" rise and 29" wide.

Remember you can always go with a wider bar and cut a bit off the ends.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

4/2/2014 1:48 PM

Im 6'1" and I have Odyssey GY3s (on sale for $30 on dans, or used to be) 8.66x28 on a topload stem and they feel SUPERB. However, arthritis is starting to kick my ass so im probably going up to 9x28.5, which is a shame because I really like these GY3s and am not really a fan of big bars like that. Im looking into FBM Black Flags and cutting them down, or maybe Odyssey Sweepstakes. Not quite sure yet. But I would highly suggest the GY3s if theyre still on sale.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/2/2014 2:08 PM

BTW, before doing anything try putting spacers.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/2/2014 3:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2014 3:43 PM

I've Got Shoulder Problems & A Sore Back, I Just Got 9" Bars That I've Cut To 29" & They're AWESOME! Anything From 8.7" To 9.25" Will See You Well! Make Sure You Get A Bar With DECENT Upsweep! 3 Or 4 Is Where You Want To Be!

Fit Mac 8.75"
Fit SkyScraper 9.25"
Fly Fuego 9"
Mutiny Manroid 8.7"
Odyssey Sweepstakes 9"
S&M x Credence 8.7"
Shadow Conspiracy Vultus 9"
Sunday Tall T 8.7"
Tree Moto 9"
Volume Bourbon Street 8.7"
Wethepeople Patron 8.75" or 9" / Wethepeople Sterling 9.2"

Any Of Those Will Be Totally Fine!

|

4/2/2014 3:56 PM

6'0" here also. My current bars I run are the WeThePeople Wham bars which are now called the Sterlings (9.2 rise). I also have Fit SkyScrapers, and Bone Deth Deadman 4 pc bars and the Odyssey Lichtenberger (Sweepstakes).

I chose these bars because of their upsweep and rise. My back is pretty comfortable now. I'd probably go for the Fit Skyscrapers for the 4 upsweep and 9.25" rise if I were you. The Bone Deth's do come with a 28" width though with a 9" rise. I also run an uncut fork, with all spacers and a Topload so bar height is up there.

|

Back into BMX after 17 years. I just want to learn how to manual dammit!

2012 Fit WiFi Custom

4/2/2014 6:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2014 6:01 PM

T-rider wrote:

Have you got fl or tl?

like 7"

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

4/2/2014 6:19 PM

I'm 5'11" and run the WTP sterling bars with a Lincoln (topload stem) and an uncut steerer tube on my R32 forks. This is a great height for me and has really helped prevent back ache. I used to run Tree Moto bars (9.5 rise) but they were too wide and slightly too tall. The Sterlings are narrower (I have them cut to 27" wide) and have a narrower crossbar as well although they are not much shorter in height (9.2 inch rise vs 9.5 inch rise for the motos). So I would definitely recommend that you check out the WTP bars.

|

4/2/2014 6:31 PM

S&m hoders

|

4/2/2014 8:03 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Im 6'1" and I have Odyssey GY3s (on sale for $30 on dans, or used to be) 8.66x28 on a topload stem and they feel SUPERB. However, arthritis is starting to kick my ass so im probably going up to 9x28.5, which is a shame because I really like these GY3s and am not really a fan of big bars like that. Im looking into FBM Black Flags and cutting them down, or maybe Odyssey Sweepstakes. Not quite sure yet. But I would highly suggest the GY3s if theyre still on sale.

ARTHRITIS?! niqqa you 17!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

4/2/2014 8:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2014 9:13 PM

Fit Mac Bars, I run them right now and they feel amazing ( though im not any where near 6'0). They are 8.75 tall so there not crazy tall and 28.5 wide so there not super wide either, plus they have 4 upsweep which is rad cool

|

4/3/2014 9:58 AM

BSD Raider bars. 10" rise is awesome.

|

4/3/2014 11:01 AM

fit ben lewis

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/3/2014 11:09 AM

fbm tallboys with topload stem. fit macs. hoder highs, you can cut them down.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

4/3/2014 11:12 AM

I liked the height perfect 10s on a challenger gave me. I'm 6'0" and old, and that was perfect to keep my lower back from killing me after a longer ride.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

4/3/2014 12:50 PM

T-rider wrote:

Have you got fl or tl?

iVerderider wrote:

like 7"

Fit benny l. 4 PC! They will probably be pretty confortable.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER