good tires for bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2013 6:05 PM

Ok guys,my tire exploded a few days ago.it had a hole from too much drifting.it was a stock rant tire.i need a tire or two different ones on front and back that will have good grip and will withstand my drifting.also one or two that will have lots of grip but skinny enough so i can go fast.preferably one that has a white wall.my friend told me to get a fit Faf tire but i don't know if its a good one for my needs.and i can't stop drifting cause that's not an option.if you guys can also tell me sizes that would be great too.

|

9/9/2013 6:54 PM

Tires are not for drifting. theyre expensive , your parents pay for them, respect it.

2.35 flybikes rampera tanwall front

2.2 maxxis dth back

|

9/9/2013 7:04 PM

Go buy some Aaron Ross 2.35s
or Animal TWWs, or Sunday Currents.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/9/2013 9:04 PM

bernardo.costa.12139 wrote:

Tires are not for drifting. theyre expensive , your parents pay for them, respect it.

2.35 flybikes rampera tanwall front

...more

Actually i pay for them and my parents don't pay for anything but i guess that doesn't matter since money is money.and i just love drifting and showing off to everybody.its something i can't control.

|

9/9/2013 9:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2013 9:10 PM

Fit FAF's 2.25s will never let you down and my Chase Hawks are holding up pretty good so far. I like to slide to sometimes just not constantly unless its slippery concrete then I'm sliding all day smile

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/9/2013 9:20 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Fit FAF's 2.25s will never let you down and my Chase Hawks are holding up pretty good so far. I like to slide to sometimes ...more

I'm confused ,is it the tires on this website? http://www.odysseybmx.com/catalog/tires/hawk-tire/ they don't look like they have much grip.do they actually have good grip?sorry so many questions but i ride really fast and i don't want to fall down because my tire slipped.does it hold good in the slippery concrete? Thanks

|

9/9/2013 9:25 PM

Slippery concrete I would definitely say no i tried it the other day, but then you would slip on any tire if its slippery. They grip great on street. I've never taken them to the park but I imagine they would be good since Chase Hawk runs a shit ton of park and Dungan runs them and he rides park.

|

My Fit

9/9/2013 9:26 PM

I take that back unless you ran low pressure pretty much any tire with like at least 70 psi is gonna slip out pretty easy on slippery concrete.

|

My Fit

9/9/2013 9:33 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I take that back unless you ran low pressure pretty much any tire with like at least 70 psi is gonna slip out pretty easy on ...more

You have them On front and rear or only on one side?

|

9/9/2013 9:37 PM

I have them 2.4's front and rear and I've only slipped twice: once I was carving on a painted speed bump ( obviously I was asking for it lol), and yesterday I was at a school and the concrete was insanely slippery but that's not the tires fault I mean it was almost like the shit was waxed lol. I would get them If you only ride street and park. But FAF's 2.25s are awesome if you ride dirt too.

|

My Fit

9/9/2013 9:41 PM

I've also heard alot of good things about Aitkens.

|

My Fit

9/9/2013 9:47 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I have them 2.4's front and rear and I've only slipped twice: once I was carving on a painted speed bump ( obviously I was ...more

Do you think it'll work out if i have a faf tire 2.25 in the front for stability?Lol so many questions but i want the best bike for performance and showing off lmaoo

|

9/9/2013 9:54 PM

It depends on what you ride I don't think it will make a difference if you ride street both tires are good from my experience but if you think your gonna ride dirt too then just get FAF's 2.25 and make sure its the 2.25 because it has a more aggressive tread and lasts longer.

|

My Fit

9/9/2013 9:58 PM

Ok thanks so much for the info smile

|

9/9/2013 10:05 PM

No problem dude

|

My Fit